Mobile menu

translation programs in Canada for spanish speakers
Thread poster: maravilla
Local time: 07:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 15, 2004

I will soon live in Montreal as a permanent resident. I would like to have some information about a program in Canada for people whose mother language is Spanish.
I am professional in Modern Languages with a specialization in translation from English and French into Spanish. I would like to become a member of the OTIAQ and this is why I need these studies.

Direct link Reply with quote

María Alejandra Funes
Local time: 10:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
Montreal Oct 15, 2004

Hi maravilla,

I live in Montreal and am a Spanish native speaker, too. There are some translation-related programs at McGill University. You may also want to check Concordia University. If you speak French, you can go to the Universite de Montreal. Everything is on the internet. Unfortunately I cannot give you the links right now, because I am out of my office.

Becoming a member of the OTTIAQ is not an easy thing, but you have to insist! Te lo digo por experiencia When I first submitted my file to them, they decided not to give me the ok. I had to sit for the CTTIC's exam (through the ATIO) and last month they finally called me to give me the good news - I was accepted (but I have to follow some ethics course first).

If you need further information, you can email me through my ProZ's profile.

Good luck!

Paul Bousquet  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:36
Spanish to French
+ ...
Bienvenida, pero hay que apurarse... Oct 15, 2004

Pues, las hojas multicolores ya empezaron a caerse ante el ineluctable invierno.

Hasta pronto.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Rania Ioannou[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translation programs in Canada for spanish speakers

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs