https://www.proz.com/forum/professional_development/26957-has_anyone_taken_a_distance_course_with_estudio_sampere.html

Has anyone taken a distance course with Estudio Sampere
Thread poster: A. Deb
A. Deb
A. Deb  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 25, 2004

Hi everyone

I'm thinking of doing a distance-learning legal translation course (English > Spanish) with "Estudio Sampere" (Madrid). Has anyone done any of their courses? If so, would you recommend them? If not, can you recommend any good similar courses (English to Spanish or Spanish to English)?

Thanks

Ana

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Off-topic Nov 26, 2004

I haven't done a distance course with Sampere, but while you're at distance courses, you may want to have a say in the one being developed by the ETI by answering their questionnaire on continuing education:

http://www.unige.ch/eti/

I'm kind of waiting for the results on this one before undertaking anything at distance...

Jason Willis-Lee
Jason Willis-Lee  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
No but I know someone who has Nov 26, 2004

Hi Ana.

A friend of mine did the course you mention at Sampere in Madrid and found it very helpful. She has been translating legao work for some time now and is actually planning on studying for a law conversion degree.

Contact me if you want her details/more information.

Regards.
Jason

Ana D. wrote:

Hi everyone

I'm thinking of doing a distance-learning legal translation course (English > Spanish) with "Estudio Sampere" (Madrid). Has anyone done any of their courses? If so, would you recommend them? If not, can you recommend any good similar courses (English to Spanish or Spanish to English)?

Thanks

Ana

Sylvia Cambray
Sylvia Cambray  Identity Verified
Spanish
+ ...
Long time ago Nov 26, 2004

I took a course on translation (not-distance) in Sampere many years ago and I think it was very good at that time, when there were not so many different courses as now. I do know they have a lot of experience with this kind of courses, but I cannot tell you about their quality today.

A. Deb
A. Deb  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone Dec 9, 2004

Thanks everyone for your input. Haven given it careful thought, I'm still a bit dubious about taking a course that isn't really officially recognised. Also, I finally spoke to the people at Sampere and the intial impression was "so-so"; since there's no detailed written course description, one has to really rely on their verbal description of the course - a bit of a risky way of spending over 1000 euros!

I have nothing else to compare it with so far, so I think I'm going to take
... See more
Thanks everyone for your input. Haven given it careful thought, I'm still a bit dubious about taking a course that isn't really officially recognised. Also, I finally spoke to the people at Sampere and the intial impression was "so-so"; since there's no detailed written course description, one has to really rely on their verbal description of the course - a bit of a risky way of spending over 1000 euros!

I have nothing else to compare it with so far, so I think I'm going to take Parrot's advice and wait for the results of the ETI questionnaire.

Ana.
Collapse

CrisAG
CrisAG  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:54
English to Spanish
very professional Oct 9, 2013

Anaviva wrote:

Hi everyone

Thanks

Ana

Hi Ana,
I did take a course two or three years ago. I really enjoyed the flexibility, the attention and I found good professionals working as teachers/correctors, I would certainly recommend them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has anyone taken a distance course with Estudio Sampere

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »