France
Local time: 10:09
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Pointed brackets!!! Feb 15, 2005

Gaia Morandi wrote:

Dear colleagues,
we are trying to arrange some EN-IT financial translations seminars in Italy and the UK. The seminars will be held by an international financial consulting firm named GANIGREG srl (www.ganigreg.com) headquartered in Milan. Topics will include:
- Accounting
- Financial statements
- Asset management
- Derivatives
- Banking
- Economics
- Financial Analysis
- Stock markets.

In order for us to customize the seminars according to your needs, please write to financialtranslations- subscribe@yahoogroups.com, join the mailing list and please vote the topics in the survey section.
We look forword to seeing you there to finalize the courses.
Best regards,
Gaia Morandi & Eugenio Virguti (www.ganigreg.com)

[Edited at 2005-02-15 18:13]

Hi Gaia!

You used some pointed brackets in your posting, which messed up the HTML code. I've quoted what you originally wrote here, so that ought to help.

Shame you're not offering seminars for German/English!

Best,

Alison

Direct link Reply with quote

gmorandi
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Financial Translations seminar EN/IT Feb 16, 2005

Dear Alison,

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it! I didn't realise there were brackets.

We are not organising other languages at the moment, we are just trying to sound the requests for EN IT, but we do not exclude the possibility of doing other languages in the future.

Thank you for your interest,
Gaia Morandi

Alison Riddell-Kachur wrote:

Gaia Morandi wrote:

Dear colleagues,
we are trying to arrange some EN-IT financial translations seminars in Italy and the UK. The seminars will be held by an international financial consulting firm named GANIGREG srl (www.ganigreg.com) headquartered in Milan. Topics will include:
- Accounting
- Financial statements
- Asset management
- Derivatives
- Banking
- Economics
- Financial Analysis
- Stock markets.

In order for us to customize the seminars according to your needs, please write to financialtranslations- subscribe@yahoogroups.com, join the mailing list and please vote the topics in the survey section.
We look forword to seeing you there to finalize the courses.
Best regards,
Gaia Morandi & Eugenio Virguti (www.ganigreg.com)

[Edited at 2005-02-15 18:13]

Hi Gaia!

You used some pointed brackets in your posting, which messed up the HTML code. I've quoted what you originally wrote here, so that ought to help.

Best,

Alison

Laura Vinti  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:09
German to Italian
+ ...
Great idea, Gaia! Feb 16, 2005

Amazingly, your post comes in at a time when I was just looking around to see if there was any interesting event in this field!
(And also when I was considering joining the yahoo financialtranslators group...)
I will definitely vote as soon as my membership in the financial translators forum has been finalized.
Ciao
Laura
P.S. Will you attend the ATA Financial Translation Conference in NJ in Apr/May? I have talked with them a couple of days ago, they still didn't have any speaker for the EN > IT combination. They said they would be grateful for any valid suggestion in this regard. Any qualified speaker to propose?

[Edited at 2005-02-16 08:57]

gmorandi
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Financial translations seminar EN/IT Feb 16, 2005

Hi Laura,

Thank you for your interest, our list is not financialtranslators, but financialtranslations, they are two different lists

Please visit the list and vote the subjects you would like to know better. With reference to ATA, amazingly, we are considering going and they are interested in what Eugenio would have to say, so, any day now we will decide. Are you coming?

Also, would you come to Italy for the course, Sabina Moscatelli a common colleague, told me you are based in Germany. We might do a seminar in the UK though.

Kind regards,
Gaia

Laura Vinti wrote:

Amazingly, your post comes in at a time when I was just looking around to see if there was any interesting event in this field!
(And also when I was considering joining the yahoo financialtranslators group...)
I will definitely vote as soon as my membership in the financial translators forum has been finalized.
Ciao
Laura
P.S. Will you attend the ATA Financial Translation Conference in NJ in Apr/May? I have talked with them a couple of days ago, they still didn't have any speaker for the EN > IT combination. They said they would be grateful for any valid suggestion in this regard. Any qualified speaker to propose?

[Edited at 2005-02-16 08:57]

Laura Vinti  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:09
German to Italian
+ ...
Could not find the financialtranslations group Feb 16, 2005

Hi Gaia,

Could you please provide the link?

Regarding attendance in Italy / UK, I will catch a plane and come if I think the event is worth it.
I would be especially interested in finding out more about the level / target audience (experienced financial translators or colleagues who are just starting working in this field).

Ciao e grazie,
Laura

gmorandi
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Financial Translations seminar EN/IT Feb 16, 2005

Laura Vinti wrote:

Hi Gaia,

Could you please provide the link?

http://it.groups.yahoo.com/group/financialtranslations/

Regarding attendance in Italy / UK, I will catch a plane and come if I think the event is worth it.

Ok!

I would be especially interested in finding out more about the level / target audience (experienced financial translators or colleagues who are just starting working in this field).

Well, that's what we are trying to find out with this survey on the topics, and then with a survey on the cities. The idea is to gather people with similar interests and experience in the same town if possible, however, if there aren't enough requests per topic, we will have to pick the best possible location.

At this point it is quite difficult to tell what the target audience will be, but I have a gut feeling it will be quite experienced.

Ciao e grazie,

Grazie a te,
Gaia

Laura

RobinB  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
German-English Feb 16, 2005

Alison Riddell-Kachur wrote:

You offering, then?

Robin

gmorandi
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Financial Translations seminar EN-IT Feb 16, 2005

Hello Robin,

We are not currently offering German>English courses, we are just sounding the interest of translators in the EN>

RobinB  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
DE-EN Feb 16, 2005

Gaia,

Thank you, my question was actually directed at Alison. Sorry for the confusion.

Robin

gmorandi
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Financial Translations seminar Feb 22, 2005

Dear colleagues,

I just wanted to say for those of you who haven't joined the list we set up for this seminar, we have just sent a letter to all the members with more info about the course, so if you are interested, please join the list and you will automatically receive the file. Alternatively, write to me and I will send it to you.

Kind regards,
Gaia Morandi
gaia@translates.it
Subscribe: financialtranslations-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Web site: http://it.groups.yahoo.com/group/financialtranslations/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Rania Ioannou[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Financial translations seminar EN -IT

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs