Mobile menu

looking for a tutor/supervisor
Thread poster: germansarah

Local time: 08:08
German to English
+ ...
Feb 24, 2005

I was raised bilingual (german/english) and have lived in Germany, the US and the UK for several years. Currently I am at Medical School in Oxford, UK. Over the last few months, i have done some translation work part-time, being careful to only accept jobs which i know i can do well, mostly short letters, CVs etc. I hope you don't find this offensive, i do realize that translation is a profession which requires a lot of training and work, so please don't blast me away!!!!

I work very carefully to ensure that my translation sounds native and is correct, and i would very much like to improve. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being a type of supervisor for me - i was thinking maybe along the lines of me translating short jobs or parts of jobs you are doing for a small fee, in exchange for some comments and tips on my work. I don't know if anything like this is ever done.

If anyone might be interested, I would be very happy to send you a CV and a sample of my work.

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Rania Ioannou[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

looking for a tutor/supervisor

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs