looking for a tutor/supervisor
Thread poster: germansarah

germansarah
Local time: 05:56
German to English
+ ...
Feb 24, 2005

hi!

I was raised bilingual (german/english) and have lived in Germany, the US and the UK for several years. Currently I am at Medical School in Oxford, UK. Over the last few months, i have done some translation work part-time, being careful to only accept jobs which i know i can do well, mostly short letters, CVs etc. I hope you don't find this offensive, i do realize that translation is a profession which requires a lot of training and work, so please don't blast me away!!!!

I work very carefully to ensure that my translation sounds native and is correct, and i would very much like to improve. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being a type of supervisor for me - i was thinking maybe along the lines of me translating short jobs or parts of jobs you are doing for a small fee, in exchange for some comments and tips on my work. I don't know if anything like this is ever done.

If anyone might be interested, I would be very happy to send you a CV and a sample of my work.

Thank you!
sarah

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Rania Ioannou[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

looking for a tutor/supervisor

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums