https://www.proz.com/forum/professional_development/35145-scotland%3A_calling_highlands_and_islands_interpreters_and_translators_all_languages.html

Scotland: Calling Highlands and Islands Interpreters and Translators (all languages)
Thread poster: Hilary Davies Shelby
Hilary Davies Shelby
Hilary Davies Shelby
United States
Local time: 05:32
German to English
+ ...
Jul 28, 2005

Hello all,

I'm working with the Procurator Fiscal's office in the Highlands and Islands region of Scotland to compile a list of translators and interpreters (all languages) who would possibly be interested in (paid!) public service interpreting / translating for minority groups in this area. If you or your agency are based in the Highlands and Islands and would like to know more about this project, please email me via my ProZ.com page and I'll provide more details.

Look
... See more
Hello all,

I'm working with the Procurator Fiscal's office in the Highlands and Islands region of Scotland to compile a list of translators and interpreters (all languages) who would possibly be interested in (paid!) public service interpreting / translating for minority groups in this area. If you or your agency are based in the Highlands and Islands and would like to know more about this project, please email me via my ProZ.com page and I'll provide more details.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Hilary.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-07-28 12:38]
Collapse

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
Local time: 12:32
English to Danish
Why not post it as a job? Jul 28, 2005

Sorry, but why not?
You say it will be paid, so why not post it in the jobs section and get much more attention?

;o)

Hilary Davies Shelby
Hilary Davies Shelby
United States
Local time: 05:32
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'm not the outsourcer Jul 28, 2005

Hi again,
I haven't posted this as a job because I'm not actually the outsourcer; I'm just helping to compile the list. I'll check with the Procurator Fiscal's office whether I can post it as a job, though. Thanks!

(In the meantime, anyone interested please contact me directly).

Iwan Davies
Iwan Davies  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:32
German to English
+ ...
Passing this one on Jul 29, 2005

Hi Hilary

Any chance I can pass this on to the ITI Scottish Network? There's quite a few of us up here who would probably be interested.

Cheers

Iwan Davies (yes, I am who you think I am).

[Edited at 2005-07-29 13:08]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scotland: Calling Highlands and Islands Interpreters and Translators (all languages)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »