Mobile menu

Traineeship from March to July 2006
Thread poster: LastennetM
Local time: 10:05
English to French
+ ...
Dec 2, 2005

I am currently studying at the University of Lille 3 in France. My training is a five years University’s degree, which is called “Multilingual Technical Translation: Technologies and Project Management”. Project Management, Computer-Aided Translation and Localistation are the most important subjects.
I am to do a traineeship for the last semester of this academic year. I would like to do it in a company from March to July 2006 as translator and Project Manager.
First of all, I´m particularly interested in Project Management because I really enjoyed the courses that I was given by professionals at University. I learned for example how to work out a planning and a budget. Therefore, I would like to put into practice my theoretical knowledge. I also think that I have the required qualities to become Project Manager because I work with rigour, precision and organisation.
Moreover, during the summer 2004 I have already had experience in localisation as I had a traineeship in the French Translation and Text Processing Section of the United Nations Office at Vienna. During this period, I translated from English into French, among other things, the organisation’s website: and most of the “World Drug Report 2004 - Volume 2: Statistics” :
To conclude, I think my skills in languages and computing correspond to the needs of language service providers. French is indeed my mother tongue and I am fluent in English and German. Furthermore, as CAT is very important in my training, my knowledge of CAT-tools such as Trados, SDLX, DéjàVu or Systran is well-developped.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Rania Ioannou[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Traineeship from March to July 2006

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs