https://www.proz.com/forum/professional_development/39762-traineeship_from_march_to_july_2006.html

Traineeship from March to July 2006
Thread poster: LastennetM
LastennetM
LastennetM
France
Local time: 16:52
English to French
+ ...
Dec 2, 2005

I am currently studying at the University of Lille 3 in France. My training is a five years University’s degree, which is called “Multilingual Technical Translation: Technologies and Project Management”. Project Management, Computer-Aided Translation and Localistation are the most important subjects.
I am to do a traineeship for the last semester of this academic year. I would like to do it in a company from March to July 2006 as translator and Project Manager.
First of all,
... See more
I am currently studying at the University of Lille 3 in France. My training is a five years University’s degree, which is called “Multilingual Technical Translation: Technologies and Project Management”. Project Management, Computer-Aided Translation and Localistation are the most important subjects.
I am to do a traineeship for the last semester of this academic year. I would like to do it in a company from March to July 2006 as translator and Project Manager.
First of all, I´m particularly interested in Project Management because I really enjoyed the courses that I was given by professionals at University. I learned for example how to work out a planning and a budget. Therefore, I would like to put into practice my theoretical knowledge. I also think that I have the required qualities to become Project Manager because I work with rigour, precision and organisation.
Moreover, during the summer 2004 I have already had experience in localisation as I had a traineeship in the French Translation and Text Processing Section of the United Nations Office at Vienna. During this period, I translated from English into French, among other things, the organisation’s website: www.unvienna.org and most of the “World Drug Report 2004 - Volume 2: Statistics” : http://www.unodc.org/pdf/WDR_2004/wdr2004_Vol2_fr.pdf.
To conclude, I think my skills in languages and computing correspond to the needs of language service providers. French is indeed my mother tongue and I am fluent in English and German. Furthermore, as CAT is very important in my training, my knowledge of CAT-tools such as Trados, SDLX, DéjàVu or Systran is well-developped.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Traineeship from March to July 2006

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »