Mobile menu

Looking for any courses of Albanian to Polish translation
Thread poster: Anjeza
Albanian to Polish
Apr 29, 2007

Good evening everyone,
I'm thinking about making profesional studies in translation area. My language pair is quite unusal to find any course regarding this language pair. In any case I would be grateful for any suggestions about the best route (course, postdiplomic studies) for me to take to get professional translating/interpreting grade. Which school is the best (I live in Poland, so polish schools would be priority for me).
Thanks in advance for any aswer/tip.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-04-29 20:42]

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:01
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi Anjeza Apr 29, 2007

FYI, I moved your posting to Professional development forum.

Vito Smolej
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
"My language pair is quite unusual" Apr 29, 2007

I do not think - given my experience regarding the popularity of different language pairs - that there's much traffic on that highway. Whatever the references.

Example: I can do Slovenian <> Finish. It took 8 months to get the first call for this language pair. And, pls note, that it's two official EU languages, we are talking about.

What about albanian to english/french/russian?

[Edited at 2007-04-29 22:53]

French to Dutch
+ ...
Some ideas May 1, 2007

Contact the Albanian embassy in your country. Where did they learn Polish? Do they have legal documents to translate? Where do they send people who ask for translations of birth certificates and driver's licenses? And for their own documents? Ask them for the customs statistics and try to find out which Polish products are exported to Albania and which Albanian products are or will be imported to Poland. If they don't have this, do some research on internet. Track the manufacturers. Become specialized in their products and contact them. Go to trade fairs. And... if ever Polish and Albanian enterprises meet, they will speak English, probably, so you should also be good in English. If it works, you'll be THE Albanian-Polish translator!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Rania Ioannou[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for any courses of Albanian to Polish translation

Advanced search

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs