Mobile menu

Courses to learn subtitling for the hard of hearing
Thread poster: simona dachille

simona dachille  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:05
Italian to English
Sep 23, 2007

Hi, does anyone know if there are any courses in London that specialize in subtitles for the hard of hearing?

Direct link Reply with quote

briski  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:05
Italian to French
+ ...
Roehampton University Sep 23, 2007

Hi Simona,
try to have a look or contact Roehampton University. I know they have a Master in dubbing and DHH so maby you can find something.
Otherwise, I found an interesting intensive course at the City University ( ). This last one isn't really linked to DHH but maybe they can tell you where to look.

Good luck!

José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:05
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Want theory or practice? Sep 23, 2007

I understand that there should be a whole science behind it, and that academic studies are certanly needed to push technology forward. The previous answer seems to have dealt with this path.

However maybe you just want to do it.
I'm not sure that they have it there, but it's worth searching at . They had enough information to take me from just translating videos for dubbing to authoring complete subtitled DVDs. Check it out!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Rania Ioannou[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Courses to learn subtitling for the hard of hearing

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs