Mobile menu

Any views, information on the Arizona seminar for court interpreters certification?
Thread poster: LAURA TAPIA
Local time: 13:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 4, 2007

Any views, information on the Arizona seminar for court interpreters certification?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-11-04 12:28]

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Arizona Nov 4, 2007

As a graduate of the University of Arizona I may be a bit prejudiced, but I have known a number of the instructors through the years and this program has a fine reputation built on the fact that the U of A actually administered the Federal Court Intepreter Examination for many years.

The downside is that it is a bit expensive but it is known to be worth it.

I never took it because I took and passed that examination in 1980-81 before the U of A even became involved in the process.

Heidi C  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great!!!!! Strongly recommend it. Nov 4, 2007

I took the course this summer.

It is amazing. The instructors are excellent, the material is awesome. And the experience of being there, in contact with other people involved in this area really gives you more information than "just" the techniques, practice and vocabulary.

You are divided into groups according to ability (a test the first day, both written and oral), so as a student you are not wasting your time. You can be a complete novice or have been working for years already in courts, you will improve. (test last day also proves this, if you haven't realized it on your own).

Very intensive, starts at 8 AM finishes at 6 or 7 PM

The price is well worth it, and with the special housing price, it ends up coming out more cost efficient than taking one of the two or three day exam prep courses (they also have this during a weekend with a special discount).

Also, the people attending are generally very nice. Great camadrerie with the group! (We even opened our own yahoo group and still keep in touch, give each other help and tips).

Please feel free to ask any more specific questions...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Rania Ioannou[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs