Translation or Business courses in SAN FRANCISCO
Thread poster: Francesca Sfulcini
Francesca Sfulcini
Local time: 03:51
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 31, 2008

Hi everybody,
I'll be in San Francisco for 3 months starting from the end of February and I would like to take advantage of this time in the US. That's why I am looking for translation courses or, even better, for courses in Accounting/Economics/Finance, my working field. The best option would be a course on how to translate financial texts, but maybe that's asking too much.
Anyone can help me?

Francesca

[Edited at 2008-01-31 15:25]

[Edited at 2008-01-31 15:26]

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxLatin_Hellas
United States
Local time: 03:51
Italian to English
+ ...
Business First Feb 1, 2008

In my opinion, take courses in accounting and finance, then, if you are skilled as a translator, that will take care of itself.

Better yet, during these three months, while you are taking a course or two in accounting and finance, volunteer to do an internship at a bank or accounting firm. There is no better combination than education and experience, plus you may gain contacts in the right places, with businesspeople who pay.

By the way, I envy you San Francisco!!!

In bocca al lupo!

[Edited at 2008-02-01 09:10]

[Edited at 2008-02-01 09:48]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Rania Ioannou[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation or Business courses in SAN FRANCISCO

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs