Mobile menu

Process for proofing in SDLX
Thread poster: ma1cius
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:16
French to English
+ ...
Feb 4, 2009

Hi! Can anyone suggest a good process for proofreading SDLX files? I am using SDLX 2006, Build 6010.

The difficulties mainly focus around autopropagation.

If all segments are unconfirmed at the start and if autopropagation is switched on, then when I confirm a change this is likely to affect segments further down the text. However, in those later segments the original translation may be better and now fuzzy-match autopropagation will have lost it.

On the other hand, if I switch off autopropagation or don't confirm my changes, my amendments won't be carried through elsewhere, thus, to a certain extent, defeating the point of using TM.

My current thinking is to either turn off autopropagation or set it to only occur with 100% matches, start with a new blank TM and update after each change. Will I then need to use F8 Lookup on each segment or will it automatically show the TM matches?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Direct link Reply with quote

Sushan Harshe
Local time: 15:46
English to Hindi
+ ...
SDLX process Feb 5, 2009

1] In normal course even after confirm change mode still you can edit your segments. You will have new match in you TM. (in Multi Term) then edit TM, remove unwonted translation or,
2] You can use a new TM and workout necessary changes. Click ‘update TM’ and you have all that you wanted.

[Edited at 2009-02-05 11:23 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Process for proofing in SDLX

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs