Thread poster: MBG
MBG
MBG
Local time: 12:27
German to Swedish
+ ...
Feb 28, 2009

Hi!

I have become about 100 XML-files for translation with TagEditor. After translating I usually proofread everything, most of the times I print everything. But my question is - how can I proofread so many files? When I don't have so many files, I copy and paste into a Word-document and then I get the Spell Check as well, but with so many files??? I normally don't have many spelling errors, but typing errors are quite commun.

I will become a PDF from the customer after
... See more
Hi!

I have become about 100 XML-files for translation with TagEditor. After translating I usually proofread everything, most of the times I print everything. But my question is - how can I proofread so many files? When I don't have so many files, I copy and paste into a Word-document and then I get the Spell Check as well, but with so many files??? I normally don't have many spelling errors, but typing errors are quite commun.

I will become a PDF from the customer after I have translated all the files, but I wanted to avoid that they have to change many files afterwards.

Thanks in advance for your help!

MBG
Collapse

Cristiana Coblis
Cristiana Coblis  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 13:27
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Checking in TagEditor Mar 1, 2009

Hi, MBG!
You can spell check in TagEditor. You need to activate one of the spell checkers available. Tag Editor can connect and use the Word spell checker available on your machine. I usually check the option to spell check each TU before closing it and it works very well for me. You can also perform a spell check at the end in Tag Editor. Also, for proofreading your work, you can display it in target language preview and proofread it this way.
You'll have to check each file though.
... See more
Hi, MBG!
You can spell check in TagEditor. You need to activate one of the spell checkers available. Tag Editor can connect and use the Word spell checker available on your machine. I usually check the option to spell check each TU before closing it and it works very well for me. You can also perform a spell check at the end in Tag Editor. Also, for proofreading your work, you can display it in target language preview and proofread it this way.
You'll have to check each file though. For batch checks (limited to some types of checks) you can also use ApSic Xbench on Tag Editor files.
HTH and good luck.

[Editat la 2009-03-01 12:34 GMT]
Collapse

MBG
MBG
Local time: 12:27
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked! Mar 1, 2009

Oh, great! That's a great deal of help. My spell check in TagEditor was always "grey" and then I though I didn't have it, but I just had to activate it!! Stupid of me to not think about it, but I'm glad I asked the question here!

Thanks a lot!

Nick Peris
Nick Peris
Local time: 11:27
English to French
Proofreading XML-files Mar 5, 2009

It may also help to obtain the stylesheet (.xsl) from the client to enable user-friendly display of xml content in the tageditor preview tab.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading XML-files

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »