Magali Grandjean
Magali Grandjean  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:42
English to French
+ ...
Aug 19, 2014

Hi all !

I was hoping I could get a little help here since my project manager isn't online to help me...

Here is the thing : I was given a post-editing job with WORDFAST.
They gave me the wordfast file to post edit, along with 2 TMs (one from the client, one from the agency, the 1st one being the priority).

Problem is : I cannot confirm any segment (I tried Alt+down, Alt+Space, Alt+Enter, nothing works).

I think the problem is from
... See more
Hi all !

I was hoping I could get a little help here since my project manager isn't online to help me...

Here is the thing : I was given a post-editing job with WORDFAST.
They gave me the wordfast file to post edit, along with 2 TMs (one from the client, one from the agency, the 1st one being the priority).

Problem is : I cannot confirm any segment (I tried Alt+down, Alt+Space, Alt+Enter, nothing works).

I think the problem is from the TM : they are in "Ready Only" mode. I unchecked the ready only box, applied the changes, but when I open the open menu again, rhe Read Only box is checked again !

Could someone help me on this ?

I have to deliver the project in 10 hours for 3k words to post edit so I have time, but I am stuck for now...
Collapse

Magali Grandjean
Magali Grandjean  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:42
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I figured it out. Aug 20, 2014

I have the solution for the problem now, so I am adding it here in case someone would be in the same situation in the future.

The source of the problem is : my PRO version of Wordfast is a DEMO version.

So, I had to create my own TM and add it to the other TM I was working on.

I am now able to confirm the segments with Alt+down.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast : internal error, impossible to confirm segments

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »