Gennady Lapardin
Gennady Lapardin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:14
Italian to Russian
+ ...
Jan 29, 2008

Dear Friends,

a group of my colleagues and me are building up a multilingual translation team. Though it's not an easy job, we are sure that our team will start up with success.
In the meantime I've noticed that our team lacks for an essential tool or arrangement that could make it possible to review and correct in real time graphic and text files of other team members and to proof them or just read and take account of, either downloading them to one's own desktop or not.
... See more
Dear Friends,

a group of my colleagues and me are building up a multilingual translation team. Though it's not an easy job, we are sure that our team will start up with success.
In the meantime I've noticed that our team lacks for an essential tool or arrangement that could make it possible to review and correct in real time graphic and text files of other team members and to proof them or just read and take account of, either downloading them to one's own desktop or not.

No doubt, there are many facilities / software to do that, but I fail to found out a clear and reliable information or manual or detailed recommendation on this matter.

Any advice will be appreciated as to how organize such work, which facilities are needed, whether it's possible to do with MS NetMeeting and Messenger (or such like Skype incorporated features) or you would recommend other dedicated professional software or links for further information.

Thanks a lot,

Gennady
Collapse

chord0
chord0
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
msn messenger Jan 30, 2008

hello

in regards to chatting or receiving text messages online, msn messenger is a very good tool that you can download to your desktop and use anytime to talk to your friends or those in your address book in msn hotmail. This messenger is downloaded from msn hotmail or msn.com and is a free service with email hotmail messaging.

so far I have been doing freelancing translation for spanish, and if you need a translator, I could do it by using hotmail email. If you need m
... See more
hello

in regards to chatting or receiving text messages online, msn messenger is a very good tool that you can download to your desktop and use anytime to talk to your friends or those in your address book in msn hotmail. This messenger is downloaded from msn hotmail or msn.com and is a free service with email hotmail messaging.

so far I have been doing freelancing translation for spanish, and if you need a translator, I could do it by using hotmail email. If you need my translating services let me know by email.

thanks
georgina
Collapse

Vladimir Pochinov
Vladimir Pochinov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:14
English to Russian
Google Docs Jan 30, 2008

Google Docs might be the solution you are looking for, if I understood your needs correctly.

http://www.google.com/google-d-s/intl/en/tour1.html

Gina Ferlisi
Gina Ferlisi
Member (2008)
Italian to English
sharepoint is great Jan 30, 2008

I have used sharepoint, when working in teams in this way you can upload and download files for translating or proofing online..its a great and easy way...http://office.microsoft.com/it-it/sharepointserver/default.aspx

take alook it's worth it

Gina

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Gennady Jan 30, 2008

Take a look at NomaDesk here, at ProZ.com:
http://www.proz.com/index.php3?sp=proz_store&go=34

Gennady Lapardin
Russian Federation
Italian to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: NomaDesk Jan 31, 2008

Natalie wrote:

Take a look at NomaDesk here, at ProZ.com:
http://www.proz.com/index.php3?sp=proz_store&go=34

Hi Natalie,

Thanks a lot ! As usual, I search for my spectacles, and they are on my nose

I've got in touch with them. Here is their reply:

Because we are now in BETA, the product NomaDesk remains free until the 31st of March.

Pricing can still be affected by future changes, but now you will pay 99 dollar for the first workspace per month, 49 dollar for the second - fifth workspace per month and 25 dollar for sixth + workspace per month.

[Edited at 2008-02-01 19:53]

[Edited at 2008-02-01 19:53]

[Edited at 2008-02-01 19:54]

Gennady Lapardin
Russian Federation
Italian to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re#2: NomaDesk Feb 2, 2008

More info fm Aventiv NV, creators of NomaDesk®:

NomaDesk matches well with all types of Microsoft (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc...) and Adobe (acrobat reader). NomaDesk is not certified by Microsoft.

Enhanced Security with TheftGuard™
In case a computer with a NomaDesk workspace is lost or stolen, users can enter the unique TheftGuard™ ID that comes with their dashboard. When the TheftGuard™ ID is submitted, NomaDesk will automatically remove the workspace
... See more
More info fm Aventiv NV, creators of NomaDesk®:

NomaDesk matches well with all types of Microsoft (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc...) and Adobe (acrobat reader). NomaDesk is not certified by Microsoft.

Enhanced Security with TheftGuard™
In case a computer with a NomaDesk workspace is lost or stolen, users can enter the unique TheftGuard™ ID that comes with their dashboard. When the TheftGuard™ ID is submitted, NomaDesk will automatically remove the workspace from a stolen PC so that files remain secure from others. Even if someone knows the password to a dashboard, all local workspace data will be deleted as soon as that dashboard connects to the NomaDesk central servers. Users will still be able to access their workspace from another PC or through the My NomaDesk account page, and guests will also continue to have access.

[Edited at 2008-02-02 08:23]
Collapse

Tom Dupon (X)
Tom Dupon (X)
English
More information on NomaDesk Feb 8, 2008

Hi Gennady,

I would like to thank you for trying NomaDesk... feel free to contact me with remarks.
I do have some extra information on NomaDesk though (and you might like this news): the beta period doesn't end on March 31st but later this year. An exact date will be communicated later but as long as NomaDesk is in beta, the product stays free.

Also fresh news on the pricing: once NomaDesk is going to turn into a paid solution, we are going to charge 49 $ a month
... See more
Hi Gennady,

I would like to thank you for trying NomaDesk... feel free to contact me with remarks.
I do have some extra information on NomaDesk though (and you might like this news): the beta period doesn't end on March 31st but later this year. An exact date will be communicated later but as long as NomaDesk is in beta, the product stays free.

Also fresh news on the pricing: once NomaDesk is going to turn into a paid solution, we are going to charge 49 $ a month for 5 Desks. A serious reduction to the price mentioned before.

Enjoy using NomaDesk.

Tom Dupon
Online marketing manager NomaDesk
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arranging for real time (on-line) proofreading

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »