Adding notes to questions
Thread poster: Bob Kerns (X)
Bob Kerns (X)
Bob Kerns (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:57
German to English
Jan 15, 2002

I\'ve seen a few questions recently where other people have added notes to the question (e.g. can we have more context please) without having submitted an answer. I\'ve often wanted to do the same myself; how do I do it?

Thanks in advance from a relatively new member.

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
Use the "Add note" box... Jan 15, 2002

When you return to a question you have answered (providing you\'re logged in), you ought to see a white box called something like \"Add note here\" at the bottom of your answer. You type your note in, and voila....!

Simple as that

HTH

Alison

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
aaah no, wait a minute... Jan 15, 2002

I was too fast to answer your queestion there - to add a note to the question, look in the \"question box\" and you ought to see a comment like \"Request more information from asker\".....

HTH

Alison

Bob Kerns (X)
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but ... Jan 15, 2002

Thanks Alison for your replies. Unfortunately I can\'t find any option in the message boxes for requesting more information from the asker. Perhaps you could have a look on your display and tell me if and (exactly) what and where this option appears.

Thanks again.

Bertha S. Deffenbaugh
Bertha S. Deffenbaugh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Robert, you have to click... Jan 15, 2002

... on \"request more info from asker\". Once you have clicked, the box will pop up.

Good luck.

BSD

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:57
German to English
Adding info Jan 15, 2002

Robert,

I think the reason you don\'t have this feature available to you is that you haven\'t earned enough KudoZ yet. At least that\'s the way it was until not long ago. I don\'t know the magic number, but after you earn this number of points, you will have extra features added. Hope this helps. Kim

Bob Kerns (X)
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 16, 2002

Thanks to all; I\'m working on the KudoZ points!

AnneM (X)
AnneM (X)  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 16, 2002

Hi! I used the option \'add notes\' and everything seemed to go fine but I am unable to view my notes. My doubt is if other people can see the notes I added??
[addsig]

Bob Kerns (X)
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Now it works! Jan 20, 2002

The number of Kudoz points from which this feature is available seems to be either 20 or 25. I\'ve finally reached these dizzy heights.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding notes to questions

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »