Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >
Invoicing updates: localized invoices, usability (non-members welcome)
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 02:06
SITE STAFF
Feb 26, 2009

A number of updates have been made to the ProZ.com invoicing tool, in response to member feedback. This release focuses on improving support for localization and overall ease-of-use. The following new features are now available.

• Standard invoice templates available in 5 languages (or translate your own) (here)
  • Localized number formats (e.g. "1.500,00" or "1,500.00"... See more
  • A number of updates have been made to the ProZ.com invoicing tool, in response to member feedback. This release focuses on improving support for localization and overall ease-of-use. The following new features are now available.

• Standard invoice templates available in 5 languages (or translate your own) (here)
  • Localized number formats (e.g. "1.500,00" or "1,500.00") (here)
  • Email message templates (here)
  • Re-usable invoice items, for quicker invoice creation (here)
  • Auto-incremented invoice numbers (here)
  • Customizable invoice file names (here)

Click here to try the invoicing tool now.

User feedback continues to drive development of this tool. Thank you to everyone who has contributed suggestions and feedback so far. If you have any questions, comments, or feature requests, please share them in this forum topic.

Thanks,

Jason

More about ProZ.com invoicing

ProZ.com invoicing is a web-based service that helps language professionals easily create, send and track invoices online. Unlimited access to this service is free to ProZ.com members.

Learn more about ProZ.com invoicing.

Click here to see past release announcements.Collapse

•  
    Jason Grimes
    Jason Grimes
    SITE STAFF
    TOPIC STARTER
    Non-members invited to try out the invoicing tool Feb 26, 2009

All ProZ.com users are now invited to try out the new web-based invoicing tool, which helps language professionals create, send, and track invoices online. Up to 5 invoices can be created for free. (Creation of additional invoices requires ProZ.com membership.)

Please take this opportunity to try the invoicing tool and see if it will meet your needs. The best way to get started is to send a sample invo
    ... See more
    All ProZ.com users are now invited to try out the new web-based invoicing tool, which helps language professionals create, send, and track invoices online. Up to 5 invoices can be created for free. (Creation of additional invoices requires ProZ.com membership.)

Please take this opportunity to try the invoicing tool and see if it will meet your needs. The best way to get started is to send a sample invoice to yourself, so you can see how it all works. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please share them here in this forum.

Thanks,

Jason
    Collapse

Umang Dholabhai
    Umang Dholabhai  Identity Verified
    India
    Local time: 11:36
    English to Gujarati
    + ...
    Invoice copies/Invoice e-mail subject line Mar 2, 2009

I have been trying to send a copy of the invoice unsuccessfully. Please advise if that is possible. This is because some outsourcers need to have two copies of invoices - one to the PM and the other to their accounting department.

Secondly, having a customizable subject-line for the invoice e-mail would be of great help.

..and lastly I am keeping my fingers crossed for some day the ProZ members would be able to get their words counted and be able to merge them in thei
    ... See more
    I have been trying to send a copy of the invoice unsuccessfully. Please advise if that is possible. This is because some outsourcers need to have two copies of invoices - one to the PM and the other to their accounting department.

Secondly, having a customizable subject-line for the invoice e-mail would be of great help.

..and lastly I am keeping my fingers crossed for some day the ProZ members would be able to get their words counted and be able to merge them in their invoices.
    Collapse

Jason Grimes
    Jason Grimes
    SITE STAFF
    TOPIC STARTER
    Send invoice twice. Also, how should word-counting work? Mar 2, 2009

Umang Dholabhai wrote:

Hi Umang,

Thanks for posting.

Currently the "send invoice" form can send to only one client contact at a time, but you can send the invoice as many times as you want. Can you just send the invoice twice, once to each of the two people who should receive it?

This should be possible, by editing the "subject" field in the "send invoice" form. Please let me know if that's not working properly, or if I've misunderstood you.

..and lastly I am keeping my fingers crossed for some day the ProZ members would be able to get their words counted and be able to merge them in their invoices.

I'd like to support word counting too, but I'm still trying to get an idea of how it would work from the user's perspective. If it could be anything you wanted, how would your ideal version of this feature work?

Thanks,

Jason

Jesús Marín Mateos
    Jesús Marín Mateos  Identity Verified
    Local time: 07:06
    English to Spanish
    + ...
    Data disappearing Mar 2, 2009

Hi Jason,
    I have been using the tool for a week now and find that from time to time some info dissapears, is this possible? I add to my invoice template in the terms my bank account etc and it stays there for a day and then dissapears and I have to go back and put it there again... maybe I am not understanding something.....
    Also... is there a chance that invoices are actually not sent to customers.... when you send an invoice to a customer if you want to double check you go to your
    ... See more
    Hi Jason,
    I have been using the tool for a week now and find that from time to time some info dissapears, is this possible? I add to my invoice template in the terms my bank account etc and it stays there for a day and then dissapears and I have to go back and put it there again... maybe I am not understanding something.....
    Also... is there a chance that invoices are actually not sent to customers.... when you send an invoice to a customer if you want to double check you go to your sent items in outlook or wherever but with the tool we have to trust it does?????
    Regards and thanks.
    Jesús.

[Edited at 2009-03-02 20:08 GMT]
    Collapse

Astrid Elke Witte
    Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
    Germany
    Local time: 08:06
    Member (2002)
    German to English
    + ...
    Need an option to change the date to German Mar 2, 2009

There is a nice German template, and then, where the due date goes, it says "Zahlungstermin". However, it is not possible to edit this date, which is written out in the long form, to write the month in German. If the rest of the invoice is in German, then I need to be able to write the full date in German too. It cannot appear in English.

Ines R.
    Ines R.
    Spain
    Spanish to German
    + ...
    word count Mar 3, 2009

Hi Jason

Umang ask a good question about the word count and the invoicing.
    At the moment I use the programm Total assistant pro (this is form surefiresoftware)
    this is in my concern very helpful bc you can choose between line count, word, chars and the cost can be also changed. On the other hand this programm counts in a very easy way documents like excel, word, pdf (if it's no scan)...and here you can also add up a database this programme has advantages over the existi
    ... See more
    Hi Jason

Umang ask a good question about the word count and the invoicing.
    At the moment I use the programm Total assistant pro (this is form surefiresoftware)
    this is in my concern very helpful bc you can choose between line count, word, chars and the cost can be also changed. On the other hand this programm counts in a very easy way documents like excel, word, pdf (if it's no scan)...and here you can also add up a database this programme has advantages over the existing wordcount anycount.

Which programme does other colleagues use, and what is your experience?

Kind regards

Ines
    Collapse

Ines R.
    Ines R.
    Spain
    Spanish to German
    + ...
    invoice programme + wordcount as a licenced product?? Mar 3, 2009

Hi Jason,

I think a lot of other colleagues asked you why the programme has to be web based?

So do you think it will be possible in future that proz. com members can by this programme which you are currently developing on a licence base and may be with a yearly update.

Kind regards

Ines

Umang Dholabhai
    India
    English to Gujarati
    + ...
    Invoicing and word count Mar 3, 2009

Thanks Jason for an open mind.

I would look out for a tool which counts the word/char/line/page - extract the results to your specifications. E.g. If a .doc file comes out with a word count of X, a line count of Y and a char count of Z and if the invoicing to be done was on the basis of words (pre-specified in the invoice template) then the X value goes automatically to the invoice and the amount is computed [as per specifications in the rate column]. This could be the first step.

Umang Dholabhai
    India
    English to Gujarati
    + ...
    Subject Line Mar 3, 2009

I looked out for the subject field in the send Invoice form Jason. Unfortunately I could not find any such thing. Maybe I am looking in the wrong page or something? I really don't know.

Jason Grimes
    Jason Grimes
    SITE STAFF
    TOPIC STARTER
    Specify terms in invoice settings page to re-use on each new invoice Mar 3, 2009

Jesús Marín Mateos wrote:

Hi Jesús,

I'm not sure I understand you clearly. Are you seeing data actually removed from an existing invoice, or does this problem occur when creating a new invoice? When you save terms and conditions for one invoice, those terms aren't automatically used for new invoices you create in the future. To save the terms once, and have them automatically appear in new invoices, you can specify your default terms and conditions in your invoice settings page. If I misunderstood the issue, please reply with a specific example of the problem to help me reproduce it.

Also... is there a chance that invoices are actually not sent to customers.... when you send an invoice to a customer if you want to double check you go to your sent items in outlook or wherever but with the tool we have to trust it does?????

The "comments and history" box at the bottom of each invoice records when an invoice was sent. When sending an invoice, you can also select the option "Also send a copy to me", to help you verify the message was sent.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
    Jason Grimes
    SITE STAFF
    TOPIC STARTER
    Invoice dates are shown using your site date/time format preferences Mar 3, 2009

Astrid Elke Johnson wrote:
    There is a nice German template, and then, where the due date goes, it says "Zahlungstermin". However, it is not possible to edit this date, which is written out in the long form, to write the month in German. If the rest of the invoice is in German, then I need to be able to write the full date in German too. It cannot appear in English.

Hi Astrid,

Thanks for pointing out this issue. Since invoice dates are formatted using your ProZ.com date and time preferences, one workaround for now could be to change your preferred date format to the ISO international date format (e.g. 2009-03-03). Is this a workable solution for now? (Click the time zone link at the top of each ProZ.com page to edit your date/time preferences.)

I will look into getting the site date and time features localized, which would resolve the problem more completely.

Thanks,

Jason

Note added 2009-03-05 19:10 GMT: The date has been localized now as well. It should appear in the same language as the invoice template. Please let me know if there are any issues with the translation. - Thanks, Jason

[Edited at 2009-03-05 19:10 GMT]

Jason Grimes
    Jason Grimes
    SITE STAFF
    TOPIC STARTER
    Offline version not planned at this time Mar 3, 2009

INES Reisch wrote:
    I think a lot of other colleagues asked you why the programme has to be web based?

So do you think it will be possible in future that proz. com members can by this programme which you are currently developing on a licence base and may be with a yearly update.

Hi Ines,

An offline version is not out of the question in the future, but there are no plans to create an offline version at this time. Please see this FAQ for more information.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
    Jason Grimes
    SITE STAFF
    TOPIC STARTER
    Umang, is this the send invoice form you see? Mar 3, 2009

Umang Dholabhai wrote:
    I looked out for the subject field in the send Invoice form Jason. Unfortunately I could not find any such thing. Maybe I am looking in the wrong page or something? I really don't know.

Hi Umang,

When you click the "send invoice" option, do you not see this form? (Screenshot below)

If not, how does this screenshot differ from what you see?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grimes
    Jason Grimes
    SITE STAFF
    TOPIC STARTER
    Would you upload your file to ProZ.com to have the words counted? Mar 3, 2009

Umang Dholabhai wrote:
    I would look out for a tool which counts the word/char/line/page - extract the results to your specifications. E.g. If a .doc file comes out with a word count of X, a line count of Y and a char count of Z and if the invoicing to be done was on the basis of words (pre-specified in the invoice template) then the X value goes automatically to the invoice and the amount is computed [as per specifications in the rate column]. This could be the first step.

Hi Umang,

Importing the word count into the invoice is fairly straightforward, but how would you go about getting the words counted in the first place? For example, would you click a button in the invoicing tool to upload your document to the ProZ.com servers, which would then count the words and insert the count into your invoice? Could this be part of a file sharing feature?

Thanks for your ideas.

Best regards,

Jason

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invoicing updates: localized invoices, usability (non-members welcome)

Trados Business Manager Lite
    Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
    CafeTran Espresso
    You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »