Thread poster: Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:11
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 19, 2005

Just a few months ago I brushed up my CV and signed in on Proz.com: I needed to start regular and continuous part-time freelance activity to increase my income and pay my bills. All the valuable information I found in how-to articles, forums, kudoz etc.. has really helped me to organise my work properly, setting polite but firm payment deadlines, marketing myself, being business oriented but flexible when necessary, and offering a... See more
Just a few months ago I brushed up my CV and signed in on Proz.com: I needed to start regular and continuous part-time freelance activity to increase my income and pay my bills. All the valuable information I found in how-to articles, forums, kudoz etc.. has really helped me to organise my work properly, setting polite but firm payment deadlines, marketing myself, being business oriented but flexible when necessary, and offering and receiving help when possible and much more.
After posting many CVs and filling in applications, I decided to go for an initial partial Platinum membership, I upgraded my PC and internet connection and got going. I am not overbooked with work, I have just the right amount that I can handle during the hours I am not working with my “normal” job, and I am happy to have achieved this, because I have to admit it wasn’t easy in the beginning, I did feel a bit discouraged at times…
So this is just to say thankyou Proz.com, thankyou to all those names who are now getting to feel familiar, thankyou to those who offered me the opportunity of working on my first challenging translations. Thanks again, the best feeling I have is when I sit down to work happy to be doing it.
Collapse

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)
Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:11
Congratulations, Daniela! Jun 19, 2005

It is refreshing to read threads like this on Proz.com, for a change!

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Congratulations Daniela Jun 20, 2005

We are a lot having good reasons to thank Proz.com, which is not only Henry's brilliant idea, it's also a whole network made by each one of us.

Claudia

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Thanks for being a part, Daniela Jun 20, 2005

The network benefits from every new member. Thanks for being a part.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thankyou Proz.com!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »