Leena vom Hofe
Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:34
English to German
+ ...
Sep 22, 2005

Hello Everybody
I would like to buy Trados in the Group Buy. But I do not find any gemeral terms and conditions on the site.
The problem is that I dont't know wether I have to pay postage or not, How long the delivery will take, Wether (there are 50 units available) they close the sale after 20 units have been sold (as they say on the main site of TGB for Trados, but when you click on buy -before you commit to your order- they say that they will only deliver if all units are sold. I
... See more
Hello Everybody
I would like to buy Trados in the Group Buy. But I do not find any gemeral terms and conditions on the site.
The problem is that I dont't know wether I have to pay postage or not, How long the delivery will take, Wether (there are 50 units available) they close the sale after 20 units have been sold (as they say on the main site of TGB for Trados, but when you click on buy -before you commit to your order- they say that they will only deliver if all units are sold. I do not really understand. Can anyone help me?
Thanks a lot!
Collapse

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:34
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
tgb terms in my experience Sep 22, 2005

Hello Leena,

I bought Trados in the summer. There's no postage to pay, as you download the programme from the Internet.

What happens is that you put your name on the list and wait patiently until all 50 units have been sold. You can look at the page every day to see how things are progressing. They definitely will all be sold in the end.

Once 50 people have decided to buy Trados, you get an e-mail asking you to click a link and pay for it. You can pay b
... See more
Hello Leena,

I bought Trados in the summer. There's no postage to pay, as you download the programme from the Internet.

What happens is that you put your name on the list and wait patiently until all 50 units have been sold. You can look at the page every day to see how things are progressing. They definitely will all be sold in the end.

Once 50 people have decided to buy Trados, you get an e-mail asking you to click a link and pay for it. You can pay by credit card. There is also the possibility of contacting Trados GmbH (within Germany) and transferring the money, within the country (thus, no bank fees). In that case, you will not get a Trados licence key until they have received your money in their account.

As soon as Trados receive your money, by either method, they send you a licence key for the programme you downloaded. That's all there is to it. They will send you an invoice in the post for business purposes.

Astrid
Collapse

liora (X)
liora (X)  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 00:34
English to Hebrew
+ ...
tgb terms and conditions Sep 22, 2005

I think it`s a lot of money to pay for the downloading alone. Without a CD. Even microsoft gives CD`s, and they grapple with their problems as something that is their5 problem.

If something happens to the computer for some reason, one would like to have a CD for such an expensive software.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

tgb terms and conditions

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »