NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 14:21
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Nov 9, 2002

Has anyone else got repeated wrong language pairs, and missed job offers, in their mailbox? In the last week or so I\'ve received a lot of German and Dutch questions, which masquerade in my box as Eng mono, or Eng-Fr translation..

Bryan Crumpler
Bryan Crumpler  Identity Verified
United States
Dutch to English
+ ...
This probably has to do with accidental mis-postings... Nov 10, 2002

...which were eventually corrected/moved by someone to appear in the proper language group.

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
I think that there are still some problems to iron out Nov 10, 2002

Good evening Nancy Lynn!

I think that the Kudoz-side of things is still experiencing problems at the moment.

I have asked a Kudoz question earlier today (as you know) and I am *still* unable to add any additional information or comments to it. (I filled out a support request to bring this to their attention).

I don\'t know about your particular problem however, as I don\'t receive any Kudoz questions in my inbox.

... See more
Good evening Nancy Lynn!

I think that the Kudoz-side of things is still experiencing problems at the moment.

I have asked a Kudoz question earlier today (as you know) and I am *still* unable to add any additional information or comments to it. (I filled out a support request to bring this to their attention).

I don\'t know about your particular problem however, as I don\'t receive any Kudoz questions in my inbox.

I already get over 500-600 emails per day so I just come on the Kudoz board when I have some spare time to see what the latest quesitons are instead.

But I wanted to let you know that you\'re not alone in having problems with Kudoz at the moment

This will hopefully be resolved soon

Nathalie
Collapse

Arthur Borges
Arthur Borges
China
Local time: 02:21
English
+ ...
Ach Mensch! Nov 10, 2002

I too have German job offers receiving been.

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 19:21
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
Contact you moderator! Nov 10, 2002

The moderators can alter language pairs to be correct.

I think most of us have ceased having KudoZ eMails, instead going to the ProZ.com main page. Thus, our mail boxes are not inundated.

Best regards

Mats

Florence Bremond
Florence Bremond  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
Usually the asker's mistake, I believe.. Nov 10, 2002

It\'s not always easy to handle the two drop-down boxes, for newcomers.

It happened as often before the \"big crash\" as it did since - the difference is that now we don\'t always have the questions as early in our mailboxes so there can be more delay before a correction.

Follow Mat\'s good advice : contact your moderator..

Oddie

Eng>Fr moderator

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Were you bombarded with mulitple copies this morning? Nov 10, 2002

Good morning!

I just filled out a technical support form.

This morning I downloaded my emails (just now) and I had about 8 copies of one job posting, and *every single one* of the replies posted to forums came in doubled (i.e. Oddie\'s reply came in twice, Mat\'s as well... everyone\'s postings in all the forum I track came in twice)

I never usually have such problems, and I want to see if you are receiving everything twice as well.<
... See more
Good morning!

I just filled out a technical support form.

This morning I downloaded my emails (just now) and I had about 8 copies of one job posting, and *every single one* of the replies posted to forums came in doubled (i.e. Oddie\'s reply came in twice, Mat\'s as well... everyone\'s postings in all the forum I track came in twice)

I never usually have such problems, and I want to see if you are receiving everything twice as well.

Please let me know,

Nathalie

(P.s. Note added: I should point out that the *only* doubling of emails comes from Proz, and did not happen from any of my other email groups etc...)

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-10 13:34 ]
Collapse

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Oddie, I have brought it to your attention, haven't I :)) Nov 10, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-11-10 10:05, Oddie wrote:

Follow Mat\'s good advice : contact your moderator..

Oddie

Eng>Fr moderator

JCEC
JCEC  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
Everything OK here Nov 10, 2002

I have disabled the automatic notification of KudoZ questions to lighten the load. I still receive up to 200 e-mails per day. I have never received messages for language pairs not declared in my profile. I have recived duplicates but it turned out to be due a recovery procedure of the Bell Canad e-mail server. I did however receive close to ten notifications of a book translation job since yesterday. Job notifications are sometimes slow but it was already the case before the crash.

Maria Rosich Andreu
Maria Rosich Andreu  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
problems with mail Nov 10, 2002

I am also receiving more than one message of the same posting. Today I received seven times the same job posting...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

wrong language pairs on KudoZ

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »