Threads don't apprear on the home page (was:"Could someone explain?")
Thread poster: Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 20:17
Spanish to English
Jul 7, 2007

Why are most of the new forum topics not appearing on the home page?

I just posted a forum topic half an hour ago and was surprised to find that it did not appear on the home page, then I went to recent posts and couldn't find it either but did find a lot of posts that I had never seen before even though I am always checking to see if there is an interesting new topic.

I don't honestly mind if I am mysteriously not allowed to post a forum topic anywhere where it could b
... See more
Why are most of the new forum topics not appearing on the home page?

I just posted a forum topic half an hour ago and was surprised to find that it did not appear on the home page, then I went to recent posts and couldn't find it either but did find a lot of posts that I had never seen before even though I am always checking to see if there is an interesting new topic.

I don't honestly mind if I am mysteriously not allowed to post a forum topic anywhere where it could be seen, it wasn't that important, but what is the criteria?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-07-08 00:05]
Collapse

Fabio Descalzi
Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 23:17
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
I can see your post on my browser Jul 7, 2007

Hi Lesley
Here a copy of the things seen on my browser right now - the homepage of ProZ:
4:59pm ProZ.com: Translator Coop Could someone explain? (replies: 0) Lesley Clarke
4:44pm German Adjustment of the scope of a patent in the translation process (replies: 0) Elisabeth Hippe-Heisler
4:46pm German SPORT-Wörterbuch E-D, D-E (Glossare?) (replies: 1) Aniello Scognamiglio
2:59pm Déjà Vu support Spell check DVX/Word (replies: 0) Piotr Sawiec
4:01pm Office a
... See more
Hi Lesley
4:59pm ProZ.com: Translator Coop Could someone explain? (replies: 0) Lesley Clarke
4:44pm German Adjustment of the scope of a patent in the translation process (replies: 0) Elisabeth Hippe-Heisler
4:46pm German SPORT-Wörterbuch E-D, D-E (Glossare?) (replies: 1) Aniello Scognamiglio
4:01pm Office applications Is Translation Office 3000 a dummy program? (replies: 1) Martin Wenzel
4:16pm SDL Trados Support URGENT PLEASE HELP: Both original (in red) and translation in rtf file (replies: 3) Bruno Capitelli
2:06pm German Kein Sound über Kopfhörer (replies: 6) Geneviève von Levetzow
12:59pm SDL Trados Support Does anyone know the pass mark for the Trados certification exams? (replies: 2) Astrid Elke Johnson

As you probably can see, not all the posts appear necessarily in order.
Besides: this very topic thread does appear top of the list - it was the last topic posted.

[Edited at 2007-07-07 17:13]
Collapse

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Not this post, something posted 30 minutes ago Jul 7, 2007

Fabio Descalzi Sgarbi wrote:

Hi Lesley
4:01pm Office applications Is Translation Office 3000 a dummy program? (replies: 1) Martin Wenzel
4:16pm SDL Trados Support URGENT PLEASE HELP: Both original (in red) and translation in rtf file (replies: 3) Bruno Capitelli
2:06pm German Kein Sound über Kopfhörer (replies: 6) Geneviève von Levetzow
12:59pm SDL Trados Support Does anyone know the pass mark for the Trados certification exams? (replies: 2) Astrid Elke Johnson

As you probably can see, not all the posts appear necessarily in order.
Besides: this very topic thread does appear top of the list - it was the last topic posted.

[Edited at 2007-07-07 17:13]

It doesn't seem to be here either: http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/new&cat_group=recent

[Edited at 2007-07-07 17:17]

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:17
English to Arabic
+ ...
"Customize Listed Forums" Jul 7, 2007

Hi Lesley,

Not everyone sees the same forum postings on the homepage. At the bottom of the homepage, under the listed forums, you will find the "Customize Listed Forums" link. Click on it, and select all the forums you would like to see on the homepage.

HTH
Nesrin

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:17
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
I can't see it either Jul 7, 2007

Beside the discussions in languages I don't understand, I have filtered out only most CAT tool threads as I use only Wordfast, and Linux and Mac items.

Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 20:17
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Nesrin Jul 7, 2007

At last I understand, duh. Many thanks, I'll check that out.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Threads don't apprear on the home page (was:"Could someone explain?")

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »