Thread poster: Paul Stevens
Paul Stevens
Paul Stevens  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:28
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 22, 2003

Yesterday, I \"tinkered around\" with my profile and afterwards it showed as complete. This morning when rechecking it, it showed as incomplete again. Then I clicked on the four tabs on the checklist and, wonder of wonders, without changing anything on my profile, it\'s complete again!!

Do I have to go throught the whole process every day to ensure that my profile shows as complete? Can the computer wizards at proZ please check this out as it clearly isn\'t working as it sho
... See more
Yesterday, I \"tinkered around\" with my profile and afterwards it showed as complete. This morning when rechecking it, it showed as incomplete again. Then I clicked on the four tabs on the checklist and, wonder of wonders, without changing anything on my profile, it\'s complete again!!

Do I have to go throught the whole process every day to ensure that my profile shows as complete? Can the computer wizards at proZ please check this out as it clearly isn\'t working as it should.

Also I would be gateful if someone \"in the know\" at proZ would kindly explain to me how people are going to become \"verified\" if they are not PERSONALLY known by other members of the site. I do not personally know any of the founders or moderators, yet I am an active member of the site, with a reasonable KudoZ points tally and a full profile. Do I still not exist in the eyes of proZ?!

Collapse

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Verification is still in the early stages Feb 22, 2003

The verification process is still very much in the early stages. The idea is currently, as you say, that verification is based on having met people in person. This will enable ProZ.com to verify a certain number of people. This is just the first level of verification.

Obviously, the vast majority of people will still be unverified. But other measures will be introduced to enable verification of these people. It will not always be on this basis - as you say, that would not be
... See more
The verification process is still very much in the early stages. The idea is currently, as you say, that verification is based on having met people in person. This will enable ProZ.com to verify a certain number of people. This is just the first level of verification.

Obviously, the vast majority of people will still be unverified. But other measures will be introduced to enable verification of these people. It will not always be on this basis - as you say, that would not be fair on those who have not had contact with others.

At the moment, the \'verified\' status means little. Having it or not having it in no way affects your usage of the site. Only when adequate measures have been put in place to verify the majority of ProZ.com members (or at least the majority of those interested in verification) can or will any distinction be made.

Hope this clarifies things!

Regards

Mary
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:28
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Paul, everything works already Feb 22, 2003

Please click the \"checklist\" button, and then you\'ll see the following sentence:

Status not accurate? Please REFRESH this page.

Click on \"refresh\" button.

Best,

Natalia

Nikki Graham
Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
Just ignore it for a while Feb 23, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-22 09:13, alikat wrote:

Do I have to go throught the whole process every day to ensure that my profile shows... See more
Quote:

On 2003-02-22 09:13, alikat wrote:

Do I have to go throught the whole process every day to ensure that my profile shows as complete? Can the computer wizards at proZ please check this out as it clearly isn\'t working as it should.

I\'ve just checked my profile and yet again it says \"your profile does not contain all recommended information\". So I click on checklist, click on refresh, click on my profile again and it now says \"your profile is complete\". So all I\'ve done is click on a few buttons - no info added or taken away.

I guess we have to be patient and wait for this to be sorted out. In the meantime, I\'ve decided just to ignore any \"incomplete\" messages. I think I remember reading somewhere that only you can see this message anyway. ▲ Collapse

Boyan Kostadinov
Boyan Kostadinov  Identity Verified
Bulgarian to English
+ ...
Problem Corrected Feb 24, 2003

There was a slight problem with the automated process that checked the profile status every night. That is why your profile status appeared incorrectly even after having all the information there.

We are sorry about that. The problem has now been corrected.

Thanks for your feedback.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

This is still not working properly!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »