Mobile menu

Announcing March updates to Connect platform
Thread poster: Jason Grimes

Jason Grimes
Local time: 18:22
Mar 20, 2008

We're pleased to announce the March release of improvements to the platform, which includes the following features:

• New Vendor Management Dashboard
  • Private Vendor Status tracking
  • Vendor Browser
  • Several usability enhancements

• Introduction of My Network to create a network of friends and collegues

For more information, please see the full release notes.

About Connect!

Connect is's next-generation platform for finding, qualifying, and managing data about language professionals. Access to Connect is included as one of the benefits of corporate membership.

• Learn how translators and interpreters can benefit from Connect.
  • Learn how outsourcers can benefit from Connect.
  • Learn more about corporate membership.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions for improvements, please let us know.

Best regards,

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-03-30 01:14]

Direct link Reply with quote

• Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
    Local time: 00:22
    Member (2004)
    English to German
    + ...
    usability enhancements ? Mar 20, 2008

Do you belief the thumbnails that garble the screen are a usability enhancement?
    If not under what category do they fall, and where are the usability enhancements?

In my opinion the screens could do with some cleaning. I would consider it a usability enhancement if I could customize the screen more to my needs.

Maria Karra  Identity Verified
    United States
    Local time: 18:22
    Member (2000)
    Greek to English
    + ...
    usability Mar 20, 2008

I assume you were referring ti usability on the Connect platform, Jason, but when it comes to general usability and particularly the homepage, I'm with Siegfried. Other than making the homepage slower and longer (we need to scroll down even more than before), do the thumbnails add any valuable information to the homepage? I'd clean it up instead of cluttering it more with photos.

I'm very interested in using the Network feature, thank you for implementing it, but I'm still waiting for some screenshots so I can see what it will look like before I start sending invitations to colleagues (I requested this in the thread dedicated to My Network).

Vadim Poguliaev  Identity Verified
    Russian Federation
    Local time: 01:22
    Member (2007)
    English to Russian
    Social network Mar 21, 2008

What's next, a blog?
    Dating service?

I know, that social computing is a strong industry trend, but why implement it in translator's directory?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing March updates to Connect platform

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
    Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
    CafeTran Espresso
    You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
    • All of
    • Term search
    • Jobs