How to get urgent support from ProZ.com (staff: call)
Thread poster: jsl (X)
jsl (X)
jsl (X)
Local time: 09:01
English to Japanese
+ ...
Apr 18, 2003

I have been requesting something to ProZ staff for a month, neither Marta nor Henry has responded to my e-mail yet. I just think that they are neglecting my e-mail messages. What\'s going on here?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:01
English to German
+ ...
How did you contact them? Apr 18, 2003

Did you send email messages, or did you submit a Support Request?

Best, Ralf

jsl (X)
jsl (X)
Local time: 09:01
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Directly be e-mail Apr 18, 2003

Since I received a message from Marta, I replied to her by sending my e-mail message to her, as well as adding Henry\'s address to \"cc\". So, I think the e-mail addresses that I am using are valid. Should I send a request throught the web page?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Use the Support Request Apr 18, 2003

As you can imagine, they\'re inundated with emails - use the web form instead.

Good luck, Ralf

[ This Message was edited by: Lemster on 2003-04-18 07:33]

Antonella Andreella (X)
Antonella Andreella (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Hi Daisuke Apr 18, 2003

still waiting for my credentials to be verified, no reply, the first time I sent 3 support requests, no reply, the second time I just sent an e-mail message to Henry, no reply

Though I can imagine they are inundated with emails.... it\'s not good, not good

Antonella

Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
French to English
I am still waiting, too. Apr 18, 2003

I sent 2 support requests and posted twice in the tech support forum and have been waiting for over a month for a reply. I know that others are also waiting for help with the issue of editing/deleting glossary titles and glossary entries.

Hopefully someday someone will answer my requests!

Ralf, I know they must be busy, but a month seems like a pretty long time to me! If the site doesn\'t have a technical solution to the problem yet, they could at least acknowledge my multipl
... See more
I sent 2 support requests and posted twice in the tech support forum and have been waiting for over a month for a reply. I know that others are also waiting for help with the issue of editing/deleting glossary titles and glossary entries.

Hopefully someday someone will answer my requests!

Ralf, I know they must be busy, but a month seems like a pretty long time to me! If the site doesn\'t have a technical solution to the problem yet, they could at least acknowledge my multiple requests for help.

Regards,

Sara
Collapse

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
editing glossaries, etc. Apr 18, 2003

Sara,

This is an issue that still has no immediate solution I\'m afraid. But please know that it has been put forward for discussion among mods. There are so many outstanding issues that need resolution that some may be pushed down the to-do chain. But it will get done eventually I am sure. Is there something that moderators can do to help?

Marcus

[ This Message was edited by: marcushm on 2003-04-18 10:02]

Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
French to English
Marcus,thanks for your answer. Apr 18, 2003

Marcus,

I created a glossary called \"P\"...obviously in error and I just want to get rid of the \"P\" in my list of glossaries.

I don\'t know if a moderator can help if there is currently no technical solution to my problem.

I just wonder what is keeping the staff from responding if only to say \"we\'re working on it.\" An acknowlegement of receipt of my first request would have prevented me from submitting 3 more requests, which probably creates even more of a bac
... See more
Marcus,

I created a glossary called \"P\"...obviously in error and I just want to get rid of the \"P\" in my list of glossaries.

I don\'t know if a moderator can help if there is currently no technical solution to my problem.

I just wonder what is keeping the staff from responding if only to say \"we\'re working on it.\" An acknowlegement of receipt of my first request would have prevented me from submitting 3 more requests, which probably creates even more of a backlog.

I do not expect problems to be resolved overnight, but as a paying member of this site, radio silence on the part of the staff is not OK.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Regards,

Sara
Collapse

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hi Sara Apr 18, 2003

We had a problem about the same thing in the Spanish SC. It was solved when the member concerned wrote directly to Boyan Kostadinov (Look under \"Forum Moderators\").

Cecilia

(Sp>En)

[ This Message was edited by: Parrot on 2003-04-18 10:48]

Eckhard Boehle
Eckhard Boehle  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Want to delete Glossary names, too Apr 18, 2003

At 2002-11-04 I wrote to the staff:

Dear administrators,

I decided to change the names of several of my glossaries and tried to delete the old names I didn\'t want to use anymore, but did not find a way to carry this out.

Is this just not possible?

Or did I miss some information somewhere?

Marta already answered on 2002-11-06:

We are working on problems related to glossaries and Kudoz at this
... See more
At 2002-11-04 I wrote to the staff:

Dear administrators,

I decided to change the names of several of my glossaries and tried to delete the old names I didn\'t want to use anymore, but did not find a way to carry this out.

Is this just not possible?

Or did I miss some information somewhere?

Marta already answered on 2002-11-06:

We are working on problems related to glossaries and Kudoz at this time, but it may take some time. Marta

So, this answer came very fast - but problem has not been solved, yet. I am not complaining, as I know there\'s a lot of work to do. But I will be delighted when my problem will be solved at last!

Eckhard
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 20:01
SITE FOUNDER
Call any time: +1 (315) 424-7596 Apr 18, 2003

If you have an urgent support issue that is not being addressed, you may call the ProZ.com office. The number is +1 (315) 424-7596.

We discourage direct email as a means of requesting support; the web form is much preferred. The forums are the worst way to ask for support.

I\'ll write to each of you directly.

Henry

Joop Fraikin (X)
Joop Fraikin (X)  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
Same day support: it does seem to work though... Apr 18, 2003

Just adding a note of optimism to this discussion: I used the \"Get Support\" link to ask a (technical) question today (April 1 and I got a reply from Jason... today. Could it be that being a platinum member or not has something to do with it...?

Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 03:01
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
I got support from Jason the next day Apr 19, 2003

It\'s not bad for ProZ taking into consideration the usual time it takes them to reply.

Unfortunately the answer was not very encouraging: it turned out that we can\'t send attachments of say 6 MB size via ProZ Web-mail account. There\'re some limitations.

It sounds strange as on ProZ Web-mail Help pageit\'s clearly stated: \"Note: An attachment can be a
... See more
It\'s not bad for ProZ taking into consideration the usual time it takes them to reply.

Unfortunately the answer was not very encouraging: it turned out that we can\'t send attachments of say 6 MB size via ProZ Web-mail account. There\'re some limitations.

It sounds strange as on ProZ Web-mail Help pageit\'s clearly stated: \"Note: An attachment can be any size.\"

It\'s very disappointing as now I have to find myself another, more developed and reliable Web-mail service.

Regards,

Nikita Kobrin
Collapse

Antonella Andreella (X)
Antonella Andreella (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
... May 14, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-04-18 13:30, Henry wrote:

I\'ll write to each of you directly.

Henry

Hi Henry,

Since I did not receive your mail yet, I was wondering wether I lost it or you did not write it.

Bye

Antonella

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get urgent support from ProZ.com (staff: call)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »