https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom%3A_translator_coop/104395-new_feature%3A_upload_your_cv_in_multiple_languages.html

New feature: upload your CV in multiple languages!
Thread poster: Andrew
Andrew
Andrew
United States
English
May 12, 2008

Dear ProZians,

You now have the ability to upload your CV in multiple languages. You can upload additional CVs by visiting the "CV/Resume" section of the Profile updater. There you will find a drop down used to specify the language of any additional CV that you'd like to make available to your profile visitors.

Once uploaded, all additional CVs will appear in your profile like so:

multiple cv demonstration

Please post any questions or comments about this features in this thread. Thanks!

Best regards,

Andrew

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-05-15 16:23]

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:26
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hurrah! May 12, 2008

What a great idea!

Ramon Inglada
Ramon Inglada  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great! May 12, 2008

I agree, it's a very good idea.

Thanks a lot!

Ramon

mediamatrix (X)
mediamatrix (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Suggestion ... May 12, 2008

I agree that it's a good idea. But as it stands, all the CVs are labelled with a language ... except the 'original' (first) one.

Why not give a language label to the first one, too?. That way, if the profile of a colleague from Russia is viewed on the French version of this site, for example, users will be made aware that the link currently labelled "CV/Resumé" will open a document in Russian and not, as they might expect, in French.

So, for the French version change
... See more
I agree that it's a good idea. But as it stands, all the CVs are labelled with a language ... except the 'original' (first) one.

Why not give a language label to the first one, too?. That way, if the profile of a colleague from Russia is viewed on the French version of this site, for example, users will be made aware that the link currently labelled "CV/Resumé" will open a document in Russian and not, as they might expect, in French.

So, for the French version change "CV/Resume" to "CV/Resumé - Russe", or for the English version change it to "CV/Resume - Russian", or, .... etc. ... as appropriate.

MediaMatrix
Collapse

Cristina Heraud-van Tol
Cristina Heraud-van Tol  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 06:26
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I was just waiting for this! May 13, 2008

Great!!! You know, people from different countries who do not have the knowledge of a certain language, could not simply read my CV. I think it's a wonderful idea!

William [Bill] Gray
William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 13:26
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Thank you... May 13, 2008

This is a good professional development. Well done to the team!
Bill

Olexa
Olexa
Ukraine
Local time: 14:26
German to Russian
+ ...
TRANSLATING COLLABORATION May 14, 2008

It will be a proper sign of the future foundation of a great Worldwide Professional Translator' Community (WPTC), which my be an exemple of correct and friendly relations between the people like we are. There were the translators everytime who as the peaceful white banner-bearer did raise not arms but honour, honesty and humanity over all when the enemies on bouth front line sides did watch them t... See more
It will be a proper sign of the future foundation of a great Worldwide Professional Translator' Community (WPTC), which my be an exemple of correct and friendly relations between the people like we are. There were the translators everytime who as the peaceful white banner-bearer did raise not arms but honour, honesty and humanity over all when the enemies on bouth front line sides did watch them trough the back-sight...
Sincerely, OLEXA: [email protected]
Collapse

Andrew
Andrew
United States
English
TOPIC STARTER
Language for original CVs May 14, 2008

Hello everyone,

I've made some changes based on the feedback from MediaMatrix. You can now specify the language of the original CV from your profile updater without having to re-upload the file.

Rafael Molina Pulgar
Rafael Molina Pulgar  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 05:26
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Perfect! May 15, 2008

I'm going to post them this week. Congratulations to the ProZ team!

Suyash Suprabh
Suyash Suprabh  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 16:56
English to Hindi
+ ...
Great news! May 20, 2008

This feature will help language professionals target new clients.

ProZ has always been a very innovative website.

Congratulations to the ProZ team!

crez72 (X)
crez72 (X)
Local time: 14:26
Finnish to English
CV upload? May 26, 2008

Hello, this is my first post here. I have been trying to find where I can upload my CV, but have looked all over the Profile Updater page to no avail! Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Sean

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 08:26
SITE STAFF
Your CV uploader May 26, 2008

Hello crez72,

If you go to your Profile Updater, http://www.proz.com/?sp=quick_profile&eid_s= you will find the CV upload under item fifteen (15). It looks like this:

Hope this helps.
... See more
Hello crez72,

If you go to your Profile Updater, http://www.proz.com/?sp=quick_profile&eid_s= you will find the CV upload under item fifteen (15). It looks like this:

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Joseph Brazauskas
Joseph Brazauskas
United States
Latin to English
+ ...
New feature: upload your CV in multiple languages May 29, 2008

I think that this is an excellent idea. Not only will it enable potential clients who are not familair with the language in which one's CV is written to read it, but it will also give them a little foretaste of one's skills in the language(s) in which one's CV is written.

bobat
bobat
Serbia
Local time: 13:26
English to Serbian
+ ...
CV upload Jun 4, 2008

Jared wrote:

Hello crez72,

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jared

Hi! The idea is great, but I have the same problem as crez72. The link that you've provided does not help as it opens up just the "regular" Profile Updater (it does not look like your illustration, there are no numbered items in it, for example). What am I doing wrong?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 08:26
SITE STAFF
Company profiles do not have the CV option Jun 4, 2008

Dear Slobodanka,

Thank you for insisting! I see what you are talking about; your profile account type (and crez72's) is "Translation agency/company". This profile type was designed for companies, as opposed to "Freelancer translator and/or interpreter" or "Freelancer and outsourcer", which represent individuals, so there is no field for a CV. There may be an equivalent field for this in company profiles in the future.

If by chance you have chosen the "Translation agenc
... See more
Dear Slobodanka,

Thank you for insisting! I see what you are talking about; your profile account type (and crez72's) is "Translation agency/company". This profile type was designed for companies, as opposed to "Freelancer translator and/or interpreter" or "Freelancer and outsourcer", which represent individuals, so there is no field for a CV. There may be an equivalent field for this in company profiles in the future.

If by chance you have chosen the "Translation agency/company" profile account type in error, you can change this in your profile updater.

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New feature: upload your CV in multiple languages!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »