KudoZ - are the points rewarded for every answer?
Thread poster: Restituta Castiello
Restituta Castiello
Restituta Castiello
Local time: 04:46
English to Italian
Jan 11, 2002

When are kudoz rewarded? Only in the case that someone\'s proposed answer is chosen by the asker or anytime someone proposes an answer regardless of the fact that it will be chosen or not?

One more question on Kudos: some weeks ago I took a survey (at that moment I was still a non-paying member) but I haven\'t been awarded any browniz so far. How could it happen?

Thanks a lot for your help

Romuald Pawlikowski
Romuald Pawlikowski  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Kudoz and survey Jan 11, 2002

KudoZ are points are awarded only if the asker chooses your answer.

Ast the survey I noticed the same problem. I filled it a week ago, and I haven\'t noticed any points for it.

williamson (X)
williamson (X)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Trying to square the circle Jan 11, 2002

\"KudoZ are points are awarded only if the asker chooses your answer\".

The asker asks a KudoZ-question, because (s)he does not understand the term, right!?

(S)he who knows nothing about the term in question has to judge an answering member, who is specialized in a certain field and gives the correct answer with regard to a field about which the asker has no knowledge. Isn\'t this like trying to square the circle?

Robert INGLEDEW
Robert INGLEDEW  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 23:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
kudoz Jan 11, 2002

Kudoz are also awarded even if the asker does not select any answer, but only if your answer was the most voted one and had the agree of at least 2 of your peers, and after a reasonable time (2 to 4 weeks)

Robert Ingledew

Egmont
Egmont
Spain
Afrikaans to Spanish
+ ...
browniz Jan 11, 2002

About the survey I noticed the same last year.

O María Elena Guerrero
O María Elena Guerrero  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
BrowniZ and points Jan 12, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-01-11 12:54, promuald wrote:

KudoZ are points are awarded only if the asker chooses your answer.

Ast the survey I noticed the same problem. I filled it a week ago, and I haven\'t noticed any points for it.

I have answered 2 surveys and I haven´t been awarded any browniZ. In fact, I answered to the same surey twice, so that would make 3 surveys.

O María Elena Guerrero
O María Elena Guerrero  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
browniz Jan 13, 2002

The same happened to me. I submitted 3 surveys (I answered one twice) but I didn´t get any points.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ - are the points rewarded for every answer?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »