Consolidation of contact information in your Profile Updater
Thread poster: Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 07:14
SITE STAFF
May 29, 2008

Dear members,

As part of the ongoing effort to improve profiles and help members to more efficiently display their information, your contact information is now centralized in your Profile Updater. From here you can now enter and update all of the contact information contained under your Contact tab.

See more
Dear members,

As part of the ongoing effort to improve profiles and help members to more efficiently display their information, your contact information is now centralized in your Profile Updater. From here you can now enter and update all of the contact information contained under your Contact tab.

Note that for many of these fields you can choose who will see this information: everyone, outsourcers only, or no one (to be used in filters).

Your location information is now also tied to your map and local time. By entering your country, region, and then city, your map location and local time will be automatically set.

Please take a moment to have a look at this improvement to your Profile Updater and complete your information if you haven't already. Your comments and feedback are welcome. If you are having any difficulty using your Profile Updater, please report this by submitting a support request. Thank you as always to our members for their support of the site.

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 05:14
Spanish
+ ...
Problems May 29, 2008

Hello,

I tried to edit some of my information and some of the fields are not getting saved and others (map location) are resetting on their own.

For instance, I edited some information in the first field. When I tried to save '2. Map location: Put yourself on the map', nothing happens. Closing the window/tab fixes this issue and the 2nd field is no longer displayed as incomplete. But then
'4. Years of experience' can't be modified and trying to save it causes the
... See more
Hello,

I tried to edit some of my information and some of the fields are not getting saved and others (map location) are resetting on their own.

For instance, I edited some information in the first field. When I tried to save '2. Map location: Put yourself on the map', nothing happens. Closing the window/tab fixes this issue and the 2nd field is no longer displayed as incomplete. But then
'4. Years of experience' can't be modified and trying to save it causes the 2nd field to be reset again.

I haven't tried to add more information. First, I'd rather know if this is a ProZ problem or there is a problem with my cookies or something.

Claudia
Collapse

Andrei Yefimov
Andrei Yefimov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 12:14
English to Russian
+ ...
Same here May 29, 2008

Claudia Alvis wrote:

Hello,

'4. Years of experience' can't be modified and trying to save it causes the 2nd field to be reset again.

I haven't tried to add more information. First, I'd rather know if this is a ProZ problem or there is a problem with my cookies or something.

Claudia

Same here...I've decided to update my CV 5 minutes ago. When I deleted the old one I saw some of the fields become empty...( when I try to re-fill them, the changes are not saved.
It's some sort of site bug, I believe..Hope site staff can fix this soon=)
Regards,
Andrei

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Fixing the problem May 29, 2008

Thanks Claudia and Andrew. The problem is being fixed, and we should be back to normal shortly. Thanks for reporting it, and for your patience.

Best regards,

Jared

Kristina Kolic
Kristina Kolic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 11:14
English to Croatian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I also lost a great deal of data May 29, 2008

I just submitted a support ticket without checking first if there were any news in this thread - sorry for that!

Just for the records, in addition to "Map location", I also lost my "years of experience", "services offered" and, the most important, all of my keywords(

I hope that we will all be back on track very soon!

Claudia Alvis
Peru
Spanish
+ ...
'About me' is gone May 29, 2008

I hadn't realized my keywords were gone, but most important than that, the 'About me' field is empty too.

mediamatrix (X)
mediamatrix (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Time zone wrong May 29, 2008

Jared wrote:
Your location information is now also tied to your map and local time. By entering your country, region, and then city, your map location and local time will be automatically set.

Automatically setting the local time is nice - assuming it's calculated correctly and takes account of daylight-saving arangements.

I've just checked in my profile, where I have my country, region and city set correctly (although my city was added using the text box since it's not in the drop-down list), but it was showing GMT+3 when it should be GMT+4. I've corrected it manually ...

Maybe the system doesn't take account of daylight-saving time? - Or maybe it doesn't realise that it's winter-time here in Chile... ?

MediaMatrix

Andrei Yefimov
Andrei Yefimov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 12:14
English to Russian
+ ...
same fields are gone May 29, 2008

It seems we all lost our data entries for the same fields. My keywords, 'About me' section, Services offered, map location data, years of experience they are all gone. I thought I'd report those fields missing too, maybe it will help to fix the problem in a prompt way.
Thank you in advance!

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Problem May 30, 2008

I cannot access the profile updater, wanted to correct the time zone which is wrong, and also I have the red mark (non complete profile) but like I said cannot access the profile updater.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
my time zone is GMT + 1 May 30, 2008

But I can be anywhere as I please to be. I guess it is a job for the staff to update the profiles and not wrongly Jared instead of showing all the while a new design and call for updates. Brandis

[Edited at 2008-05-30 18:33]

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry for the inconvenience May 30, 2008

Hello all,

First, my apologies for the confusion surrounding this release. Things should be working properly now. If you should be experiencing any problems with your profile, please feel free to contact me via the support system and I will be happy to help. Thanks.

Best regards,

Jared

Claudia Alvis
Peru
Spanish
+ ...
'Map location: Put yourself on the map' still not working May 30, 2008

I'm afraid to try other fields.

mediamatrix (X)
mediamatrix (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
More bad news for you, Claudia... May 30, 2008

Claudia Alvis wrote:
'Map location: Put yourself on the map' still not working

I'm afraid to try other fields.

And I've just discovered that the link in your profile to your Proz.com-hosted web-page doesn't work either. Sorry!!

It must be Friday afternoon...

MediaMatrix

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Previous version restored May 30, 2008

Hello all,

The previous version of the Contact information in the Profile Updater has been restored. The new version will be activated once these issues have been fully resolved. Sorry again for the confusion. If anyone is still having problems, please contact me via the support system. Thanks again and have a good weekend.

Best regards,

Jared

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Still cannot access the profile updater May 31, 2008

Timezone was entered (not by me) but wrong again I have hidden it, however this is not a problem.

Best!

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Consolidation of contact information in your Profile Updater

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »