ProZ.com Webmail--Use it or lose it, unfortunately
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 14:52
SITE STAFF
Jun 1, 2003

Twice this weekend, ProZ.com members have had email problems with their ISPs. When site staff tried to contact them via their secondary "@language.proz.com" webmail accounts, those accounts had expired due to inactivity.

The policy of Everyone.net (the ProZ.com partner who provides the free @language.proz.com webmail service) is to disable accounts after a (poorly defined) period of inactivity. If you want to use ProZ.com webmail as a backup email address, please make sure to acce
... See more
Twice this weekend, ProZ.com members have had email problems with their ISPs. When site staff tried to contact them via their secondary "@language.proz.com" webmail accounts, those accounts had expired due to inactivity.

The policy of Everyone.net (the ProZ.com partner who provides the free @language.proz.com webmail service) is to disable accounts after a (poorly defined) period of inactivity. If you want to use ProZ.com webmail as a backup email address, please make sure to access that account periodicaly in order to keep it from expiring.

I apologize for any inconvenience, but ProZ.com has no control over this policy.

Regards,

jg
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 14:52
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Thanks, Jason Jun 1, 2003

As one of those concerned by the ISP problems, your message made me realize that I could change my secondary address (the lost proz.com webmail), by the one that isn't working at present and to put another one (hotmail account) as primary one for the time I still being in trouble with my server.
Thanks again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com Webmail--Use it or lose it, unfortunately

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »