Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:29
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Oct 1, 2008

Dear ProZians,

We have just been informed about a tragic car accident involving local translator Marina Hennies. As a result, she is now in hospital in her home town of Petrópolis, Rio de Janeiro, and sadly her husband passed away.

Marina has been a regular participant of PowWows here in Brazil, even though her home town is more than 500 km from São Paulo where most of the events take place. Marina and her husband were always great company at the PowWows we have held
... See more
Dear ProZians,

We have just been informed about a tragic car accident involving local translator Marina Hennies. As a result, she is now in hospital in her home town of Petrópolis, Rio de Janeiro, and sadly her husband passed away.

Marina has been a regular participant of PowWows here in Brazil, even though her home town is more than 500 km from São Paulo where most of the events take place. Marina and her husband were always great company at the PowWows we have held here.

May God be with Marina at this sad time, and we would like to wish her a speedy recovery. Messages of condolence and support for Marina can be left here, or at:
http://www.proz.com/powwow_report/2120
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:29
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Wishing her a quick recovery! Oct 1, 2008

I haven't been in touch with Marina, but as a fellow translator I am sad for her loss and her injuries. I sincerely wish she can recover very soon. Good luck and get well Marina!! I am sure God will give you a hand in a time of trouble. Don't give up!! Greetings from Spain

[Edited at 2008-10-01 06:03]

Natalia Eklund
Natalia Eklund  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Sending my thoughts Oct 1, 2008

How very sad. I'm sending my thoughts to her in this difficult time.

In the hopes that the knowledge that others in the Proz community are with her may bring her some confort.

Natalia
France

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
All the best Marina Oct 1, 2008

Terrible news. Very very sorry to hear about it, Marina. You will pull through this, though, believe me.

Mervyn
Basque Country

Sonja Köppen
Sonja Köppen  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
*carefullyhug Oct 1, 2008

Haven't been in touch either, but anyway. I'll keep on sending you warm thoughts, Marina.

Shaalini Bansal
Shaalini Bansal
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:29
English to Hindi
+ ...
Wishing you a speedy recovery Oct 1, 2008

My thoughts are with you and I hope that you have a speedy recovery.

[Edited at 2008-10-01 14:50]

vicksy nurhayati
vicksy nurhayati  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:29
English to Indonesian
+ ...
wishing you all the best and speedy recovery Marina! Oct 1, 2008

Never knew her, but still wishing you all the best and a speed recovery. God with you !

Vicksy, Indonesia

[Edited at 2008-10-01 17:47]

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Comfort for Marina Oct 1, 2008

I don't know her personally but have felt her presence on this site. She is in my prayers.

Ahmed Dahman
Ahmed Dahman  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 13:29
English to Arabic
+ ...
May all the Blessing of God be with you Marina! Oct 3, 2008

Dear Marina,
Greetings and blessing!
We are deeply grieved to know about the tragic loss of your husband and our friend, may he rest in peace.

God gives and takes and it is not surprising that a created being cannot comprehend the ways of the Creator, Who is infinitely transcendent of us.

Obviously, the aforesaid does not come to minimize the hurt and pain in any way. Despite the vast distance between us, our feelings are strongly connected and we really w
... See more
Dear Marina,
Greetings and blessing!
We are deeply grieved to know about the tragic loss of your husband and our friend, may he rest in peace.

God gives and takes and it is not surprising that a created being cannot comprehend the ways of the Creator, Who is infinitely transcendent of us.

Obviously, the aforesaid does not come to minimize the hurt and pain in any way. Despite the vast distance between us, our feelings are strongly connected and we really wish to express our sympathies.

With esteem and blessing.
Ahmed Dahman and the Family
Egypt

[Edited at 2008-10-03 19:33]
Collapse

Fabio Descalzi
Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Wish a speedy recovery too Oct 9, 2008

Sending my warm thoughts and best wishes.
Regards,
Fabio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Car Accident - Marina Hennies

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »