Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >
More small updates to availability calendar (working hours, etc.)
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 22:46
SITE STAFF
Dec 5, 2008

Following other recent updates to the availability calendar, a few more small features have been added.

It is now possible to specify your standard working hours, which will be displayed at the top of your availability calendar along with information about differences between your time zone and the person viewing your calendar.

In addition, new options to "Consider me unavailable outside of working hours" an
... See more
Following other recent updates to the availability calendar, a few more small features have been added.

It is now possible to specify your standard working hours, which will be displayed at the top of your availability calendar along with information about differences between your time zone and the person viewing your calendar.

In addition, new options to "Consider me unavailable outside of working hours" and "Consider me unavailable on weekends" have been added to the calendar settings. If you are considered unavailable on weekends, all of the weekend days in your calendar will automatically be marked as unavailable, unless you specify otherwise. If you are considered unavailable outside of working hours, a new "Availability remaining in current work day" indicator will automatically calculate your remaining availability and capacity for the current day.

For example, if you specified that you are 100% available today, and that you have a capacity of 3000 WPD, when your work day is half over your "Availability remaining in current work day" will indicate "Partially available (1500 words)". This "adjusted" availability is shown above your availability calendar and in your profile page, *in addition to* the availability you have specified for that day. It is not currently reflected in other availability indicators or searches, though this functionality may be added in the future.

Click here to go to your availability calendar.

More information will be available in the availability FAQs shortly.

Best regards,

Jason
Collapse

Karen Stokes
Karen Stokes  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:46
Member (2003)
French to English
Great! Dec 5, 2008

These are really useful features - thanks, Jason!

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:46
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Good idea Dec 5, 2008

Hi Jason,

One small glitch, my settings for January aren't showing.

Regards,
Gerard

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
Next month not showing to visitors Dec 5, 2008

The availability can be set but when the visitor view for the calendar is selected, the settings for next month are not showing.

Great feature.

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Will fix next month display to visitors Dec 5, 2008

Hi Gerard and Luisa,

Thanks for pointing out this glitch, I will get it fixed shortly.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Next month should show correctly now Dec 5, 2008

The glitch should be fixed--please let me know if you still have trouble seeing more than the first month in your availability calendar.

Thanks,

Jason

bububu
bububu  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Availability remaining in current work day Dec 6, 2008

Hello Jason,

I would like to be able to change it without changing the local time. I am not a morning person, and by the time when I am ready to start, the calendar is saying that I am not available. :0)

Best regards,
Olga

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
You can adjust your standard working hours to suit your own schedule Dec 6, 2008

bububu wrote:
I would like to be able to change it without changing the local time. I am not a morning person, and by the time when I am ready to start, the calendar is saying that I am not available. :0)

Hi Olga,

The default working hours are from 9am to 5pm, but you can change these to match your own schedule without changing your local time zone. Scroll down to the bottom of your calendar to see these settings. I hope this helps--please let me know if I misunderstood you.

Thanks,

Jason

bububu
bububu  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Thank you Dec 6, 2008

Jason,

Thank you. My mistake. I did not scroll down to the bottom.

Olga.

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Attempting to clarify auto-adjustment options Dec 6, 2008

bububu wrote:
Thank you. My mistake. I did not scroll down to the bottom.

Olga.

Hi Olga,

No mistake at all, thanks for reporting that the options weren't clear to you. I have tried to clarify the configuration options for the auto-adjustment feature in the calendar and profile page. I hope it prevents others from having the same trouble you did.

Thanks,

Jason

Andrea Kowalenko
Andrea Kowalenko  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2006)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Very useful, but some more options might be nice Dec 6, 2008

Hi Jason,

As always, these are very useful improvements. Thank you very much!

I am not sure what others think about this, but would it be possible to split the options further? For example, would it be possible to split the weekend into Saturdays and Sundays? I am normally available for work on Saturdays, but not on Sundays. Other people might have no problem with working on Sundyas, but would prefer to shift their "weekend" to any other days. So, thinking even further,
... See more
Hi Jason,

As always, these are very useful improvements. Thank you very much!

I am not sure what others think about this, but would it be possible to split the options further? For example, would it be possible to split the weekend into Saturdays and Sundays? I am normally available for work on Saturdays, but not on Sundays. Other people might have no problem with working on Sundyas, but would prefer to shift their "weekend" to any other days. So, thinking even further, would it be possible to just select any day of the week for not being available? People might never be available on Mondays, Tuesdays, etc. And being at it, could it be even possible to set certain availability levels for certain days of the week automatically? For example, I might be only only partially available on all Wednesdays due to other working arrangements or classes of some kind. I think this would not be too difficult to implement, I am thinking of drop-down menus here.

Maybe this would be just too complicated to use, I am not sure. Anyway, with the recent improvements it is already quite easy to set availabilities for certain days in one go, although it is only possible within one month.

For me personally, the most important aspect would be to allow setting Saturdays and Sundays individually. My other suggestions might as well be too far fetched ...

Kind regards,

Andrea
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Recurring events is a great idea for a future release Dec 8, 2008

kowalingua wrote:
I am not sure what others think about this, but would it be possible to split the options further? For example, would it be possible to split the weekend into Saturdays and Sundays? I am normally available for work on Saturdays, but not on Sundays. Other people might have no problem with working on Sundyas, but would prefer to shift their "weekend" to any other days. So, thinking even further, would it be possible to just select any day of the week for not being available? People might never be available on Mondays, Tuesdays, etc. And being at it, could it be even possible to set certain availability levels for certain days of the week automatically? For example, I might be only only partially available on all Wednesdays due to other working arrangements or classes of some kind. I think this would not be too difficult to implement, I am thinking of drop-down menus here.

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for these suggestions. Adding support for "recurring events" like this is an excellent idea for a new feature--I will add it to the development plan for a future calendar update. For the time being, I hope it is easy enough for you to specify your Saturday and Sunday availability manually. (Note that you can specify availability up to 3 months in the future by clicking the "next month" link above your calendar.)

Thanks for the great ideas!

Jason

Anthony Baldwin
Anthony Baldwin  Identity Verified
United States
Portuguese to English
+ ...
automagically Dec 8, 2008

I would like to have the calendar show me as available, unless I specify otherwise, so that I only need to update the calendar once I become unavailable.

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:46
French to English
+ ...
calculation Dec 8, 2008

I'm not sure I understand properly how this works. I marked today as 'barely available' (25%) and my standard working hours as 9 to 5. The visitor view now shows that I am unavailable for the rest of the day (which is not strictly true - I could take a small project, and could consider larger ones). Is this a function of how partial availability is calculated?

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Add text to week days Dec 8, 2008

It would be nice to be able to add text to week days, in order to indicate holidays or vacation notice, for example. This would be applicable in large view only, of course. In the small view, there can be some indication (color dot) that there is a comment or other text in that day.

Also, a template or a default layout feature can help. Most months are the same (for me Fri-Sat is the weekend, for example), so all that is left to do is change when there is something different.
... See more
It would be nice to be able to add text to week days, in order to indicate holidays or vacation notice, for example. This would be applicable in large view only, of course. In the small view, there can be some indication (color dot) that there is a comment or other text in that day.

Also, a template or a default layout feature can help. Most months are the same (for me Fri-Sat is the weekend, for example), so all that is left to do is change when there is something different.

[Edited at 2008-12-08 16:06 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

More small updates to availability calendar (working hours, etc.)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »