Boost your career as a professional translator!

Boost your career as a professional translator! SDL hosts a virtual conference featuring a selection of free resources to help grow your freelance business, as well as an update on the new features of the world’s most trusted translation software - SDL Trados Studio 2017

Click for Full Participation

Where has the link to Websters gone?
Thread poster: Williamson

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:03
Flemish to English
+ ...
Aug 5, 2003

When trying to make a backup of my HD with Partion Magic and when starting up the original, I get a friendly message "Missing HAL.DLL". and a black screen.
That .DLL constitutes the layers needed to start XP.
I know that it can be repaired by reprogramming the win.ini.
However, it is summer-time and time to update software. So, I decided to reinstall everything. Unfortunately, I do not find the link to the "Websters dictionary tool bar" Geneviève von Levetzow posted earlier this year. Does anybody has any idea where the download to install this toolbar could be hiding on the Web?
---
Does anybody got a beta version of Office2003.
If you go to Tools>Shared Workspace, you get a pane where you can share the documents/spreadsheets/databases etc. you are working on on-line.
It enables virtual on-line collaboration. Gone are the days of the "poor lonesome translator" with his/her laptop on his/her knee.
In "Templates and Add-ins", you can add the Trados Macros, because that seems to be what Trados really is: one big macro.

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxCHENOUMI  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Is this what you're looking for? Aug 5, 2003

I have this link in my toolbar: http://www.m-w.com/dictionary.htm.

HTH!
Sandra:)

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:03
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Link Aug 5, 2003

Hi,
I guess the toolbar is here: http://www.m-w.com/promos/button/button.htm

Best,
Magda

xxxT_Herrmann  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:03
German to English
+ ...
You got that to work??? Sep 1, 2003

Williamson wrote:
Does anybody got a beta version of Office2003...
...in "Templates and Add-ins", you can add the Trados Macros, because that seems to be what Trados really is: one big macro.

Did you actually get it to work??? I'm wondering how? I get the TRADOS tool bar and everything, but as soon as I try to open the first segment TWB gives me an error message that some template was replaced with an older one. (Something before TWB 2.0) which is complete nonsense of course.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where has the link to Websters gone?

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums