Thread poster: María Alejandra Funes
María Alejandra Funes
María Alejandra Funes
Local time: 01:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 16, 2003

Hi,

Just to ask you if it is ok to add an entry in the BB for a freelance translator, who is not an agency, but frequently posts job offers in ProZ.

Thank you for your comments!

ALE

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Yes, it is acceptable Aug 16, 2003

María Alejandra Funes wrote:

Hi,

Just to ask you if it is ok to add an entry in the BB for a freelance translator, who is not an agency, but frequently posts job offers in ProZ.

Thank you for your comments!

ALE

In my opinion it is perfectly legitimate to enter on the BlueBoard feedback about a person that is outsourcing work, in particular if this work is offered using the ProZ.com Jobs Area and frequently.

That person may be a freelance translator in other occasions, but when posting Jobs he/she is doing business just like an agency.

Gianfranco

[Edited at 2003-08-16 15:33]

Eva Blanar
Eva Blanar  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 06:37
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Excellent idea Aug 16, 2003

...once I've been miserably cheated by a fellow translator posting a job here.

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
I also think it's ok Aug 16, 2003

Since the BB is our first source of knowing who is ok and who's not. And I don't think we should only know about agencies, but about freealncers outsourcing work, too.

Terry Burgess
Terry Burgess  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 22:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
First-Class Idea!! Aug 16, 2003

Eva Blanar wrote:

Sad news Eva--but then "excrement occurs":-))

Seriously though, I think we translators really do deserve all the protection we can get from such vultures so you certainly have my vote!!
Terry

sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Germany
German to English
Correct me if I'm wrong... Aug 17, 2003

but I believe that what you are asking is in fact already happening. Last time I checked there was at least one freelancer who posts regularly listed on the BB.

María Alejandra Funes
María Alejandra Funes
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sylvie Aug 17, 2003

Hi,

My question was if it is ok if I add an entry for a freelancer who usually posts job offers in ProZ.com, but he is not an agency, because he only posts jobs when he is not available to do them by himself.

Thanks to your opinions

ALE

Ildiko Santana
Ildiko Santana  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:37
Member (2002)
Hungarian to English
+ ...

Protection against leaches Dec 30, 2003

Terry Burgess wrote:

Eva Blanar wrote:

Sad news Eva--but then "excrement occurs":-))

Seriously though, I think we translators really do deserve all the protection we can get from such vultures so you certainly have my vote!!
Terry

Excellent idea. We could all benefit from having access to a listing of non-payers amongst us. Just recently I got burnt; I was approached directly by a ProZ.com community member, I took the job (rush job without a rush fee, minimum rate! I only do that for colleagues!), I didn't get paid...

It would have been nice to ask around before I said yes; and it would be nice to post a warning now that I know who NOT to consider member of the "flock."

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blue Board: entry for freelancers?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »