Mobile menu

Should job postings be permitted from HOTMAIL?
Thread poster: CLS Lexi-tech

CLS Lexi-tech
Local time: 01:21
Member (2004)
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 12, 2002

I would like to bring to everybody\'s attention what we have been discussing in the Italian Forum. Somebody posted a bid for 100 words of technical translation. Leaving all other considerations aside, the oursourcer is using a hotmail address, which compounds other suspicions members have.

Do you think that offers made using such addresses should be filtered and eliminated?

paola l m

Direct link Reply with quote

Gilda Manara  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:21
German to Italian
+ ...
edited, maybe Feb 12, 2002

i.e., I would have nothing against answering to an hotmail or yahoo address, but I would never accept any job offer coming from an outsourcer that isn\'t ready to give me, afterwards, all his data. Translators answering to such job postings should be made aware of this danger, as well as outsourcers should be made aware that if they give an hotmail address they could receive much less applications than wished.

I have sometimes found job postings where the outsourcer said clearly that he wanted all answers sent to an hotmail address, because otherwise his mailbox would have been clogged - nevertheless he gave all relevant data for identification. This is a very acceptable way of dealing, in my opinion.

Gilda

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
German to English
+ ...
HOTMAIL is OK, but ... Feb 12, 2002

... I expect to see the outsourcer\'s full contact information (website, address - no PO Box! - phone, fax, etc.).

CLS Lexi-tech
Member (2004)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good points Feb 13, 2002

from Gilda and Werner. Thanks!

paola

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Should job postings be permitted from HOTMAIL?

Advanced search

Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs