Mobile menu

E-mail removed from all \"Close bidding\" pages, WHY???!
Thread poster: bochkor
bochkor
Local time: 09:49
English to German
+ ...
Feb 28, 2002

Until now the \"Close bidding\" pages of a posted job were the only ones that provided an e-mail identification of the job posters. As I see now, it has been removed. Therefore I strongly urge Henry and Jason to REINSTATE it and all translators to ask them to do the same!

This is outrageous, because for a long time our requests for identification have been ignored, but at least we could get an e-mail address this way. Now really all the bogus posters are invited this way and we\'ll never know for sure

- which country they\'re in

- whether they have a website (or just a free web e-mail address)

- what their real address, phone number, full name is (if they have a website, you can search netsol.com\'s WHOIS database)

Basically, we won\'t have any clue any more, who they are and IF they will ever pay for the work done, so we\'re totally vulnerable! This can\'t go on! Henry and Jason need to listen! After all, most of us are paying members!

And I know exactly why it has been removed: so people from poorer countries (for whom even $1 is a lot) won\'t have a chance to circumvent the $1 bidding price, so if they didn\'t have the chance to accumulate 100 brownies per the bids they\'d like to make, then they simply shouldn\'t stand a chance, because ProZ wants to make sure that NOOOBODY slips away and EEEVERYBODY pays! So because of that $1 that ProZ desperately wants to have control over, our last source of security should be gone??? Is that fair?

As far as I\'m concerned, I don\'t care how they do it, but I\'m sure they know, how to do it, because paying members already have parts of a page on the site that only they see, so let\'s get the E-MAIL IDENTIFICATION BACK and if this is not a website \"by translators for translators\" any more (remember their old slogan?), then at least show the posters\' e-mail addresses to us paying members! At least!

And once and for all, let\'s solve this identification problem at last and do require certain data from every poster routinely! It\'s about time, we\'ve all been crying for it! We\'re not paying for being ignored, let\'s get some changes rolling!

Opinions invited. Thanks for listening!

Direct link Reply with quote

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
Local time: 09:49
German to English
+ ...
I second the motion 100% Feb 28, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-02-28 23:16, bochkor wrote:

Until now the \"Close bidding\" pages of a posted job were the only ones that provided an e-mail identification of the job posters. As I see now, it has been removed. Therefore I strongly urge Henry and Jason to REINSTATE it and all translators to ask them to do the same!

This is outrageous, because for a long time our requests for identification have been ignored, but at least we could get an e-mail address this way. Now really all the bogus posters are invited this way and we\'ll never know for sure

- which country they\'re in

- whether they have a website (or just a free web e-mail address)

- what their real address, phone number, full name is (if they have a website, you can search netsol.com\'s WHOIS database)

Basically, we won\'t have any clue any more, who they are and IF they will ever pay for the work done, so we\'re totally vulnerable! This can\'t go on! Henry and Jason need to listen! After all, most of us are paying members!

And I know exactly why it has been removed: so people from poorer countries (for whom even $1 is a lot) won\'t have a chance to circumvent the $1 bidding price, so if they didn\'t have the chance to accumulate 100 brownies per the bids they\'d like to make, then they simply shouldn\'t stand a chance, because ProZ wants to make sure that NOOOBODY slips away and EEEVERYBODY pays! So because of that $1 that ProZ desperately wants to have control over, our last source of security should be gone??? Is that fair?

As far as I\'m concerned, I don\'t care how they do it, but I\'m sure they know, how to do it, because paying members already have parts of a page on the site that only they see, so let\'s get the E-MAIL IDENTIFICATION BACK and if this is not a website \"by translators for translators\" any more (remember their old slogan?), then at least show the posters\' e-mail addresses to us paying members! At least!

And once and for all, let\'s solve this identification problem at last and do require certain data from every poster routinely! It\'s about time, we\'ve all been crying for it! We\'re not paying for being ignored, let\'s get some changes rolling!

Opinions invited. Thanks for listening!

Fully agree with you: ProZ has \"finally\" removed the last bit of security we have had so far. From now on, it will be impossible to verify the poster\'s identity (and I don\'t trust ProZ\'s ability to do so, because they have failed miserably on that front so far: there is one agency, in particular, that everyone knows about, but ProZ still allows them post their job ads, thus assisting them in targeting new victims).

Another black day in ProZ history

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

E-mail removed from all \"Close bidding\" pages, WHY???!

Advanced search

Lilt
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs