Mobile menu

Translation Office 3000
Thread poster: Anthony Green

Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:19
Italian to English
Mar 1, 2002

I\'ve just tried out a trial of this product, Translation Office 3000, which I read about on another mailing list. I wondered if anyone on proz has used it. It\'s designed to help keep track of all the translation projects you do and agencies you work with (or would like to work with). I won\'t be parting with my money simply because it requires that you issue an invoice for each project, and I mainly issue monthly invoices to a few selected clients. My clients would go bananas if they got an invoice for every job!

What I\'d like to know is whether any current users of the program are satisfied with the money they have spent.

BTW, I\'m not involved commercially with the makers of this program, hence no URL or anything.

Anthony
[addsig]

Direct link Reply with quote

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
I hava tried to try it, but failed... Mar 1, 2002

sounds funny, I know, but I cannot realy try it because the Agencies window is too large for my screen and I can\'t see neither hit any Ok buttons down the page. I looked into the functions, found it potentially useful, but since there is no option to customise the window size, I can\'t realy use it. Looks like I will stick for long with my Outlook-based system.

Magda

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Demo version available Mar 2, 2002

They have a fully functional 30-day demo version available for free. I downloaded it myself, but simply did not have any time to play around with it.

Anyway, certain clients specifically require invoices for each specific job, even though I do up 5 or 6 projects for them every month.

I haven\'t checked the invoice feature in Translation Office 3000, but I would assume that you have an option for each client to choose between individual or monthly invoicing.

Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Mar 4, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-03-02 10:26, Ban Csaba wrote:

(snip)

I would assume that you have an option for each client to choose between individual or monthly invoicing.

The company told me that they are going to introduce this option in one of the next versions that comes out. I\'ll try the demo again when that option is there.

Anthony

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Office 3000

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs