Notice be hereby served....inflamatory language not to be tolerated
Thread poster: CLS Lexi-tech

CLS Lexi-tech
Local time: 06:55
Member (2004)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 3, 2002

Henry was gracious enough to accept Abacus Trans apologies for the venomous and gratuitous messages that were posted in the past few days.

The member has asked for a shipment of humble pie and here it is.

As a member of Proz.com I bow to Henry\'s decision but I would ask what follows.

That notice be served to the abovementioned member that inflamatory language, trumped up accusations, exaggerations (example, calling \"hate mails\" messages that were simply disagreeing with his own)flames etc. WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED IN ANY FORM AND SHAPE, either in the Forum or in private mails.

That his apologies be accepted with this caveat.

That he contributes to Proz.com constructively, if he so wishes, and treat every other member of Proz.com as professionally as he wishes to be treated.

Sincerely,

Paola Ludovici MacQuarrie

Direct link

Patricia Lutteral  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
I agree Mar 3, 2002

And please, please, please, everybody take their pills, OK?

Have a bright Sunday!!!

Patricia
[addsig]

Direct link

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
Local time: 06:55
German to English
+ ...
Notice received, Paola Mar 3, 2002

But just for the record: the abusive messages in question had nothing to do with disagreement; they were merely outbursts of hysterical insanity that had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

If it had been a case of simple disagreement, no one would have said anything, and the offending member (BNatt) would not have been removed. But she\'s gone, and so are her messages.

Direct link

Elinor Thomas  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
I absolutely agree too!! :-) Mar 3, 2002

\"Constructive criticism\" does not exist. If one wants something to change, it\'s us that have to begin with it.

If I am not ready to do something, I don\'t have the right to criticize.

As Dr. Lair Ribeiro says: \"La vida es como el eco. Si no te gusta lo que estás recibiendo, fíjate en lo que estás emitiendo\"

Have a nice Sunday, all of you!

Elinor

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Notice be hereby served....inflamatory language not to be tolerated

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs