https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom%3A_translator_coop/1571-platinum_membership.html

Platinum membership
Thread poster: Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 13:52
German to English
+ ...
Mar 4, 2002

Since the misunderstanding between Henry and myself has been cleared up, I have asked Henry to cancel my request for \"my money back\".

I have done so for these reasons:

- having acted like a \"black sheep\" on occasion myself, I feel it sends out an important - and positive - message to the community if \"someone like me\" decides to keep his money in this site.

- as Henry has pointed
... See more
Since the misunderstanding between Henry and myself has been cleared up, I have asked Henry to cancel my request for \"my money back\".

I have done so for these reasons:

- having acted like a \"black sheep\" on occasion myself, I feel it sends out an important - and positive - message to the community if \"someone like me\" decides to keep his money in this site.

- as Henry has pointed out, this site is kept alive by the paying members. Laszlo said that he would even pay $20 more so as to \"subsidize\" fellow translators in poorer countries where $120 means a whole lot more than in the US or Europe. So, every single membership sold (and maintained) helps the site as a whole.

- I have also received some very positive feedback from other members who have encouraged me to stay on as a paying member

On that note, let\'s all be more productive, constructive and positive.

To all those that have not taken out paid membership yet: give it try. As Henry wrote tonight: if you don\'t like it, you can ask for your money back (if you have a good reason).

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-03-04 16:43 ]
Collapse

Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
I am glad to hear that... Mar 4, 2002

You have always striken me as a very professional translator, although the last few days in the forums have made me blink twice. We all have a bad day, and we all have a good day. I think it is your good day coming through. Let me rewelcome you to a community that has never closed its doors on your face. Let me also remind you that we are many, that many among us are not professionals, but there are very knowledgeable groups working in all languages. Take advantage of them and forget the \"flavo... See more
You have always striken me as a very professional translator, although the last few days in the forums have made me blink twice. We all have a bad day, and we all have a good day. I think it is your good day coming through. Let me rewelcome you to a community that has never closed its doors on your face. Let me also remind you that we are many, that many among us are not professionals, but there are very knowledgeable groups working in all languages. Take advantage of them and forget the \"flavors of the day\".

(Do you seriously believe they will take the good jobs away from proven translators such as you? Come on! Be real!)

Best regards,

P.
Collapse

Local time: 13:52
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Pilar Mar 4, 2002

I don\'t think that anyone is taking jobs away from me (I am fully booked most of the time anyway).

Well, we\'re just hours away from a new week, so let\'s all move on.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Platinum membership

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »