Matt Petrowski
Matt Petrowski
United States
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 22, 2010

Dear ProZ.com site users,

A revamped training interface, ProZ.com Training for Professional Translators, has been developed and released. This goal of this new interface is to create a more organized, and easier to understand and navigate training system.

All available training courses can now be tagged as having one or several "topics" and "delivery formats". This means that you can search for training courses that inte
... See more
Dear ProZ.com site users,

A revamped training interface, ProZ.com Training for Professional Translators, has been developed and released. This goal of this new interface is to create a more organized, and easier to understand and navigate training system.

All available training courses can now be tagged as having one or several "topics" and "delivery formats". This means that you can search for training courses that interest you based on the topic of study, or by how it is delivered to you, whether that be online or offline, at your own pace or according to a schedule, and on your own or in a study group.

Also new is the "My courses" tab with links to all of the training courses you have attended in the past, or plan to in the future. Trainers may also administer the courses that they instruct from within this area.

Click here to try out the new ProZ.com Training for Professional Translators interface

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback about the new training system, please reply to this topic.

Updated on May 27: More updates to translator training pages
Collapse

Laura Reinisch

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:59
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Looks good Apr 22, 2010

Hi Matt,

The new design looks much better than the present one!

One question: at present, webinars do not appear on the home page – only in-person trainings, online SDL trainings, and self-paced trainings. It would be useful if webinars would also appear on the home page – they would get a much better exposure.

Kind regards,
Attila

Habib Amri

Matt Petrowski
Matt Petrowski
United States
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Webinars added to homepage events box Apr 22, 2010

Hi Attila,

Thanks for your feedback; I'm glad that you like the new design!
Attila Piróth wrote:
One question: at present, webinars do not appear on the home page – only in-person trainings, online SDL trainings, and self-paced trainings. It would be useful if webinars would also appear on the home page – they would get a much better exposure.

I've added a Webinars section to the "Upcoming ProZ.com offline events and online training sessions" homepage box. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:29
German to English
Good work! Apr 23, 2010

I'm glad to see this important part of the site is getting some attention and being developed. I hope there will be some interesting new courses, webinars, etc. soon too - I'll be looking out for them!

Nadja B Batdorf
Nadja B Batdorf  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:59
Member (2009)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Easier and faster Apr 23, 2010

The new menu with training topics is just perfect and easy to manage. Now we can check on the training courses by topics. Easier and faster.

I really liked the new page

Congratulations!

Best Regards,
Nadja Batdorf

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 23:59
Spanish to English
+ ...
I may actually use it! Apr 23, 2010

I like the design--very easy to understand. I never paid much attention to the training offerings before, because they never fit my schedule. Now I see an assortment of "on-demand," self-paced courses, that might actually work for me. I'm sure those were there before, but I wasn't aware of them.

Nice work! Looks professional, but user-friendly.

Ulrike Michiels
Ulrike Michiels  Identity Verified
Spanish to German
+ ...
SDL Trados online trainings Apr 30, 2010

I am missing the direct link to the SDL Trados training which I liked a lot (I don't want to see all the online trainings available if I am just interested in the SDL trados ones).

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Page for SDL Trados Training & Certification Apr 30, 2010

Hi Ulrike,

There is a special category for SDL Trados Training & Certification at the home/overview page: http://www.proz.com/translator-training/ - you can go to the dedicated page for SDL Trados courses from there. Also, you may want
... See more
Hi Ulrike,

There is a special category for SDL Trados Training & Certification at the home/overview page: http://www.proz.com/translator-training/ - you can go to the dedicated page for SDL Trados courses from there. Also, you may want to bookmark the page link: http://www.proz.com/translator-training/topic/sdl-trados-certified

Thank you all for your feedback. It's great to see you like the new interface and new training offer.

Looking forward to seeing you around in upcoming sessions!

Regards,

Soledad
Collapse

Matt Petrowski
Matt Petrowski
United States
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More updates to translator training pages May 27, 2010

In response to feedback from members and others, another round of improvements to ProZ.com Training for Professional Translators has been released. Changes include:

• Improved navigation — it is now easier to navigate between the various topics, formats, and course views due to improved "breadcrumbs" and drop-down menus.

• Streamlined course information — lists of available courses and course overview pages have been streamlined for clarit... See more
In response to feedback from members and others, another round of improvements to ProZ.com Training for Professional Translators has been released. Changes include:

• Improved navigation — it is now easier to navigate between the various topics, formats, and course views due to improved "breadcrumbs" and drop-down menus.

• Streamlined course information — lists of available courses and course overview pages have been streamlined for clarity.

• Localized course schedules — course dates and times have been clarified, and are now shown in both the viewer's own time zone and in GMT. (Click here to set your time zone if you haven't already done so)

• Easier access to course materials — access to online course materials is now available directly from the course web page, in addition to access details being sent via email.

• Improved calendar — the training calendar now supports viewing past and future months, shows more informative summaries, and allows filtering based on topic or format.

• More options for trainers — trainers now have more options to customize their offered courses.
  • Various other bug fixes and enhancements

Click here to browse the new training pages

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback about the new training system, please post them here.
Collapse

Leonardo Lamarche
Leonardo Lamarche  Identity Verified
Venezuela
Local time: 23:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Email marketing webinar May 29, 2010

Dear Jared and colleages,
I enjoyed the recent webinar concerning the above indicated topic and certainly will use some of the smart ideas presented.
Perhaps because it was a marketing webinar, it did not cover the aspects of quoting to get the business. It might be a good idea to address this subject in the future.
Best regards to all,
Leonardo

Luiselena
Luiselena
English to Spanish
New in this Forum Jan 26, 2011

Hi, everybody.
Although I've been translating for at least 15 years, this is my first time in a translators' forum and the first time I'm taking a course on a translator helper such as SDL Trados. I'm based in Venezuela and I look forward to learning more from you.
Regards,
Luiselena

Fernán González
Fernán González  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish
+ ...
Ics Jul 11, 2012

Hi everybody,

I just signed up for my first webinar on ProZ. It was easy. I have one suggestion, is there a possibility to download the reminder to our calendars? That way we'd get it in our calendars very easily, it's very useful.

Best regards,

Fernán

Isabel Vidigal
Isabel Vidigal  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:59
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Hi! Sep 30, 2013

I would like to know why "Webinars" are not in "Member Activities", I went there to find information about this webinar I wanted to do and could not find it.
Thanks,

Donna Stevens
Donna Stevens
Norway
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Links for webinars for registered, paid particpants Feb 19, 2014

I recently missed a webinar about conversion of CAT files for which I had registered and paid. It was said that I would find the link in an email that had been sent to me.

Well, I could not locate that email, even in the spam folder. By the time I discovered this, it was too late. I admit I am often distracted and slightly disorganized, but I'm sure I'm not alone. It's understandable that messages sent to support are not read in real time. However, I have yet to receive a reply t
... See more
I recently missed a webinar about conversion of CAT files for which I had registered and paid. It was said that I would find the link in an email that had been sent to me.

Well, I could not locate that email, even in the spam folder. By the time I discovered this, it was too late. I admit I am often distracted and slightly disorganized, but I'm sure I'm not alone. It's understandable that messages sent to support are not read in real time. However, I have yet to receive a reply to my message sent more than a day ago.

Yes, I know I will be able to view the video in a week's time.

However, wouldn't it be good to send registered and paid participants the link as a Proz message, so it can be viewed in the individual's Proz message inbox, in addition to sending it as an email? There is only 1 message in my Proz box right now- and that was the one welcoming me to the Proz community 4 years ago. Right now, I don't feel particularly welcome.

I'm sure there are other members such as myself who would welcome this.
Best regards
Donna
Collapse

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Ics Feb 20, 2014

Fernán González wrote:

Hi everybody,

I just signed up for my first webinar on ProZ. It was easy. I have one suggestion, is there a possibility to download the reminder to our calendars? That way we'd get it in our calendars very easily, it's very useful.

Best regards,

Fernán

Hello Fernán,

Thank you very much for sharing your ideas.

Your suggestion has been implemented and now you can use the "Add to calendar" button to add the event as suggested at this screenshot.

My bests,
Helen

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing new look for ProZ.com translator training pages

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »