Mobile menu

Criticism, like rain ...
Thread poster: xxxAnneM
xxxAnneM  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:01
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 6, 2002

I would like to call on fellow Proz to sit back and think hard before launching into criticising in any way that\'s not constructive another person\'s ideas or suggestions. I\'m referring to both the forums and the kudoZ. I could write pages on this but will leave it at a few quotes, which incidentally are not mine!

1. Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man\'s growth without destroying his roots.

2. A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiasm

3.Ideas are the building blocks of ideas

Direct link Reply with quote

Pilar T. Bayle  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
The problem with rain... Mar 6, 2002

is that sometimes it quite soaks you... (Is it politically correct to say: Rain soaks, and then you dry? 0 )

Buen trabajo, Anna. A ver si se entierran las hachas de guerra y se nos olvidan a todos dónde las dejamos ().

Un saludo,

P.

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
I go along with that...! Mar 6, 2002

Too much of the precious home page exposure of new forum topics is given over to non-constructive arguments that essentially are a waste of space and breath.

bunnie  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:01
English to Spanish
Más citas para pensar, en la línea de Anna Mar 6, 2002

\"Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time; for that\'s the stuff life is made of.\"

B. Franklin

Para cabrearnos menos y perder menos tiempo.

\"I haven\'t failed, I\'ve found 10,000 ways that don\'t work.\"

T. Eddison

Porque a veces encontramos la respuesta correcta eliminando las que no lo son.

Y una última apócrifa pero que sé de buena tinta que fue también dicha por el gran Franklin ), que ya entonces sabía que en esta vida no todo es ganar:

\"KudoZ points never made a Pro happy yet, nor will them. There is nothing in their nature to produce happiness. The more a Pro has, the more he wants. Instead of theirs filling a vacuum, they make one.\"

Saludos a todos

Carlos Moreno  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 01:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
You know how to destroy your enemies? Mar 6, 2002

It is SO easy: MAKE THEM YOUR FRIENDS!

I would like to share with you a grafitto I found in a street in my home town:

NOBODY\'S PERFECT

SIGNED: NOBODY

Well, since nobody\'s perfect, it means that you are not perfect, and neither am I. Or anyone around us.

Please, let\'s treat our colleagues with love, with patience, with sharing. Let\'s remember that criticism is a form of envy, and envy is a form of immatureness. If we believe we must say something about someone, please, let\'s write this colleague a private letter, adn tell him what we really believe will hem him/her grow and be a better member of our society!

Your friend,

Carlos H. Moreno

xxxechoecho
Spanish to English
+ ...
translation please Mar 6, 2002

is that sometimes it quite soaks you... (Is it politically correct to say: Rain soaks, and then you dry? )

Sometimes(time always first) rain and water can get you soaking wet. Rain and water can get you very wet, so it that it takes a while to dry out.

Just trying to be helpful

xxxechoecho
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nobody is perfect Mar 6, 2002

After last week, why are some translators so concerned about inquiries from outside and the correctness of the answers given, since they have used the Kudos for other purposes, and apparently are unable to translate such simple words as mouse, frog, etc.

I noticed that they were concerned about Mac Arthur type policies, which would be there to restrict the persons freedom of expression. Additional moderators for example. I guess they hadn’t realized that they are doing all the watching, policing, criticisms, making fun of and controlling. It left me thinking. Are they two classes or casts on the Proz; the ones belonging to an established inner circle and the new comers?

It would be easier on all of us if the bickering would calm down and we all could get on with our business.

In Mexican Spanish

¿Ya chántenla no?

Cris

I would also think that most of the older participants on the list have read the Kudos rules.

1.The KudoZ system is to be used for terms help only. Making announcements, or otherwise misusing the KudoZ platform, is prohibited.

2. Postings are not to be personal in nature. All questions, answers, peer opinions and other postings should focus strictly on terminology.

3. While it may be considerate in some cases to write to an asker privately, inquiring or commenting to an asker regarding his or her grading decisions is forbidden. It is also not appropriate to comment on an asker\'s decision to post a certain question; policing the site is an optional role of moderators, not of regular members.

Kenji Otomo
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hay mucha gente cabreada Mar 7, 2002

Bueno, Anne. Por lo que parece hay mucha gente enfada en Proz. Por una u otra razón, mucha gente se ha sentido agraviada por ciertos comentarios que han aparecido últimamente por aquí.

Algunos de los comentarios que se han hecho han sido bastante ofensivos. Alguno de ellos me ha tocado de lleno. En aquel momento decidí no responder porque \"a palabras necias, oídos sordos\".

Si me permites un consejo: \"sigue haciéndolo como antes. Tú, en particular, lo haces muy bien\". Lo digo porque alguna vez hemos coincidido en la misma pregunta y siempre has demostrado tener sentido común.

Kenji Otomo
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
La peña anda algo quemadilla Mar 7, 2002

Se ha abierto la veda del cabreo (y no me refiero a tí). Ha habido gente que se ha pasado un pelo con los comentarios que han realizado.

Hemos coincidido en alguna respuesta, y no me parece que lo estés haciendo mal. Al contrario tus respuestas son siempre razonadas y sinceras (o al menos a mi así me lo parecen).

El refranero español es muy rico y sabio: \"a palabras necias, oídos sordos\".

No pares, sigue, sigue.

xxxAnneM  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
La arrogancia Mar 7, 2002

Gracias por tus palabras Otomo. No lo decía por mi, en absoluto. Afortunadamente, no me he encontrado en esta situación, pero a veces veo algunos comentarios tan duros y arrogantes que pienso, que derecho tienen esas personas a criticar el trabajo del otro, aunque su respuesta no sea correcta. Sin entrar en el juego de citar nombres ni casos, vi el otro día como un Proz contestó a uno, no sólo haciendo pedazos a su respuesta sino también a su persona, que en toda buena fe había sugerido una opción. Que derecho tienen estas personas a arrancar el entusiasmo de esa gente? pregunto. Pues yo opino que ninguno.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Criticism, like rain ...

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs