Mobile menu

construction machinery glossary
Thread poster: garcia1
English to Spanish
Dec 27, 2003

I am translating a web site of a Spanish construction company from Spanish into English, and I am not having any luck finding the names of the following machinery in English:

Camión portacontenidores
Case Poc 988b Giratoria
Giratoria 988b
Giratoria Case 9007
Fiat H 220 Cadenes cullera
Gir. Mini Retro Cullera Pel-job
2 Case 15 Miniexcavator
Martillo Minis
Martillos Retro Mixtos
Martillo Giratorias

Compactadota de Corrons VTD 30
Vibrante duplex Lebrero

Water pump
Maquina de cortar
Moto esbrosadora
Grupo electrógeno pequeño
Grupo electrógeno grande

Part of the problem is that even in their Spanish list, they are using common names for certain machines and technical names for others.
I asked the company for a manual to have an idea of what this machines are (I already translated a few that I found looking at websites of other construction companies), but I have a feeling that I will have to ask for it again.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Happy holidays!

Meritxell Garcia

Direct link Reply with quote

Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:57
Spanish to English
eurodicautom Dec 27, 2003

You may already know about this but just in case you don't

Then of course there are the ProZ glossaries and looking in google for the bilingual sites, of which there are quite a few for construction machinery.
Hope something of this is useful

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

construction machinery glossary

Advanced search

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs