Mobile menu

Spring cleaning - let\'s go back and close ungraded kudoz questions!
Thread poster: Marta Argat

Marta Argat  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:53
Chinese to Ukrainian
+ ...
Apr 7, 2002

Dear colleagues,

There is quite a big number of KudoZ questions (some of them back to the spring 2001!) that never got KudoZ points. Let\'s review them (it would be easier for those who have their internet access unlimited), peer-grade, delete unappropriate ones.

Regards!

Direct link Reply with quote

AmiHH  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:53
Member (2008)
German to English
good idea Apr 8, 2002

Spring cleaning! What a good idea. I have a few open questions myself and I didn\'t feel I could grade them because I haven\'t found a conclusive answer. I also didn\'t feel like it was my place to repost the messages, so I was just hoping someone might see them sometime and that the grading police wouldn\'t get too angry. However, I do hope that only really inappropriate questions are deleted.

Thanks for posting this suggestion!

AmiHH

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:53
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Award points on most peer grades basis to these questions Apr 8, 2002

The outstanding questions include some for which points should have been awarded on the basis of who got the most peer grades, but this has not been done. These ought to be dealt with.

CLS Lexi-tech
Local time: 02:53
Member (2004)
English to Italian
+ ...
excellent point, Argat! Apr 8, 2002

and beautiful picture, BTW.

I even proposed to form language pair specific committees of volunteers to go back and grade questions from day one, to clean up and acquire them to the glossaries.

paola l m

Francesco D'Alessandro
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Ready for task force! Apr 8, 2002

It will be good fun after all. So let me get to the point: how do we get to the ungraded questions?

xxxerudite
French to English
+ ...
what happens when there was no suitable reply? Apr 8, 2002

I recently posted a french to english medical question \'peridode de Carnaval\'. None of the replies were adequate so I declined each of them. There have been no more suggestions. How do I go about closing such a question?

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 02:53
SITE FOUNDER
good point Apr 8, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-04-08 08:49, jdoughty wrote:

The outstanding questions include some for which points should have been awarded on the basis of who got the most peer grades, but this has not been done. These ought to be dealt with.

Our autograding robot looks at questions asked exactly two weeks prior to the day it is running (it runs once per day). Questions asked earlier than two weeks before the robot first ran have never been autograded.

It would be interesting to go back and autograde those...what do you all think?

Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:53
English to Spanish
Send the robot back in time Apr 8, 2002

I vote for sending the robot on a time traveling mission. I often find very old questions with enough agrees, so these could be easily closed. And while you\'re at it, could you do something to make the year for those questions show? (Is it March 2002, 2001, 2000...?)

Andrea

John Kinory
English to Hebrew
+ ...
I pointed this out to the office 2 months ago, but nobody replied Apr 8, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-04-08 13:34, Henry wrote:

Quote:

On 2002-04-08 08:49, jdoughty wrote:

Our autograding robot looks at questions asked exactly two weeks prior to the day it is running (it runs once per day). Questions asked earlier than two weeks before the robot first ran have never been autograded.

It would be interesting to go back and autograde those ... what do you all think?

Yes, we do need to clean up all such questions. When did the robot first run? Although I did point this out in February with regard to several open but peer-graded December questions (these dates are quoted from memory, so don\'t tell me off if they are not 100% accurate), had the robot not been running for quite some time at that point?
[addsig]

Marta Argat  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:53
Chinese to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
some details Apr 9, 2002

Originally this topic was posted in the Chinese section. People are patient there. Moreover, a few months ago we had no moderators to delete unappropriate questions, so a small per cent of questions was just \"abandoned\". Luckily, the stream of questions like: \"I want to make a tatoo and I need \"hate life\" in Chinese characters\" has decreased these days, but we still need a cleaning.

Regards!

P.S. Thanks for the compliments.

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
AND YOUR GLOSSARY ENTRIES, FOLKS??? Apr 12, 2002

YOU (asker and answerer) have access to those! And you\'d never believe the treasures you sometimes find, and how it would be good to have them nicely retrievable when someone comes around to consult...

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-04-12 20:57 ]

Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:53
English to Spanish
Thanks! Apr 14, 2002

Thanks for adding the year, Henry!

Andrea

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spring cleaning - let\'s go back and close ungraded kudoz questions!

Advanced search

TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs