Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:55
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 15, 2002

I would just like to mention that I am sure I have seen two such postings in recent weeks - not only one. It really makes me very annoyed when people start to use the site in this way. It is most unfair to those of us who receive e-mails when a job is posted.

I expect we could have a separate \"Jobs Wanted\" page on Proz, but firstly there would be far too many postings on it, and secondly jobs have to be found actively, not passively.

Direct link Reply with quote

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:55
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
People using the Proz Jobs site to say they want a job Apr 15, 2002

My first posting here was posted as a reply to another topic - I don\'t know how it ended up as a new one. The topic was that somebody had posted on the Proz Jobs site saying they were looking for a job. However, this has not only happened once. I\'m sure it has happened at least twice recently.

ttagir  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:55
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...
Persons misusing site MUST be deleted along with URLs and IP Apr 16, 2002

I know well reasons which will be shown as soon as a moderator or admin staff member will ask such a person to leave site in view of misuse: \"I did not know rules\", \"it was a mistake\" and so on. But everybody also sees that this is a deliberate and well-though step with very ersonal aims. Yes, it is not the fisrt and unique time they use the site as stage for personal ads.

My purely personal opinion is to delete persons who used the site this way. No pardons, etc., since it is clearly written \"PRO\" on the gates. Therefore only Proz must use and work on this site. Again, it is absolutely personal and individual opinion, because I am sure nobody will like the situation: you enter to a high class shop and meet ... a beggar speaking badly couple dozens languages instead of an assistant. Every day we are bringing here our minds and knowledge and we MUST be equal from a competition standpoint. So, I vote AGAINST persons asking for a job on the pages where jobs MUST be posted, solely.

I do hope admins are reading these pages and the appropriate steps will be undertaken soon.

Yours,

Tagir.

PS I am citing one of pages:

====================

New ProZ.com job:

translator is looking for a job

Languages:

English>French

English>German

English>Russian

English>Ukrainian

French>English

French>German

French>Russian

French>Ukrainian

German>English

German>French

German>Russian

German>Ukrainian

Russian>English

Russian>French

Russian>German

Russian>Ukrainian

For more info:

http://www.proz.com/job/?id=20756

================

Enough?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

more than one person has posted their CV as a \"job\"

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs