I received a job on ProZ.com - but I have not heard back from the agency.
Thread poster: Sabina Moscatelli
Sabina Moscatelli
Sabina Moscatelli
Italy
Local time: 08:17
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Apr 18, 2002

Hi everybody!

This morning I answered a bid on ProZ for medical translators (EN>IT) and after a couple of hours I received a message from ProZ, congratulating with me because I had been assigned the job. Well, so far nobody from the agency got in touch with me. I sent them a couple of e-mails but nobody seems to take care. Any of you in this same situation? This is not the way people should be working... Sabina

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 02:17
SITE FOUNDER
ProZ.com staff does not get involved Apr 18, 2002

ProZ.com does not take a hands-on role in jobs.

I would assume that if the agency has selected you as the bidder (or one of the bidders) that they would like to do the job, you can expect that they will return your emails.

mmachado (X)
mmachado (X)
English to Portuguese
The same has happened to me some time ago Apr 18, 2002

Hello,

I have just had a similar experience some months ago. I have sent a message to that company asking more about the project but they never answered back. Maybe they didn\'t get the job after all, but they should get in touch. At least I think so.

Best regards,

MMachado

Sabina Moscatelli
Sabina Moscatelli
Italy
Local time: 08:17
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Non responding agency Apr 19, 2002

Hi!

In order to close this topic, I inform you that soon after my question on ProZ public forum, the agency got in touch, saying that the job had been cancelled... Thanks ProZ.

Ursula Peter-Czichi
Ursula Peter-Czichi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:17
German to English
+ ...
The same happened to me last month. Apr 20, 2002

I did not send an email.

Why work with an agency that does not act like a business? You have to get this same agency to send you money, not just an email.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I received a job on ProZ.com - but I have not heard back from the agency.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »