Mobile menu

Question re ProZ.com time zone
Thread poster: Jane Lamb-Ruiz
Jane Lamb-Ruiz  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Apr 18, 2002

I have sent three queries to Proz regarding the TIME listed on the proz site. I am a Platinum member. The queries were polite and affable queries and have gone unanswered. So I repeat my question here: the time on my computer is Eastern Standard Time and the ProZ time is always three hours ahead of that time. I am on the east coast and proz is on the west coast. Shouldn\'t its time clock appears as three hours earlier than mine? I really would love to know why this is so and I believe there are other people who would also like to know.

Thank you in advance ProZ.

Direct link

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
Local time: 00:57
German to English
+ ...
It's GMT Apr 18, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-04-18 16:16, nonogogo wrote:

I have sent three queries to Proz regarding the TIME listed on the proz site. I am a Platinum member. The queries were polite and affable queries and have gone unanswered. So I repeat my question here: the time on my computer is Eastern Standard Time and the ProZ time is always three hours ahead of that time. I am on the east coast and proz is on the west coast. Shouldn\'t its time clock appears as three hours earlier than mine? I really would love to know why this is so and I believe there are other people who would also like to know.

Thank you in advance ProZ.

ProZ time is GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) - don\'t forget to factor in daylight saving time.

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:57
SITE FOUNDER
Time Zones Apr 18, 2002

Jane,

We have responded to your questions re: time used on the site letting you know that time used by www.ProZ.com is GMT.

That would mean that on the East Coast you will be 4 hours behind the time listed in www.ProZ.com postings.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.html

Direct link

Jane Lamb-Ruiz  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Carefully screened emails Apr 18, 2002

I look at my emails pretty carefully and never saw an answer to any of my emails to the site. Funny huh? Don\'t know why that is. Anyway, I believe you but don\'t understand why I never receive them. I have received proz messages from posters.

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question re ProZ.com time zone

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TMreserve
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search