www.translation.com
Thread poster: CLS Lexi-tech

CLS Lexi-tech
Local time: 13:38
Member (2004)
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 24, 2002

In view of the ongoing discussion thread on agencies displaying or not their URL, email address and other information, I was intrigued today by a job offer requesting French Canadian, posted with only the initials of the contact person and the above url.

I typed the address and was taken to Cisco System home page, that has nothing to do with translation and has no place where bidders or applicants could find more information on the project or on the agency in question. There is no sign there of a translation agency, nor of a person in charge of translation.

Really puzzling!

A small suggestion: could agencies who are Platinum members and/or paying members could have the Platinum displayed next to their name when they post a job? This would certainly inspire confidence in the bidders.

Don\'t you agree?

paola l m

co-mod EN-IT

www.lexitech.ca

Direct link Reply with quote

Yngve Roennike  Identity Verified
Danish to English
+ ...
You mean Apr 24, 2002

translations.com, most likely. HQ-ed in NY.

Francisco Herrerias  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:38
French to Spanish
+ ...
www.translations.com Apr 24, 2002

I was intrigued by your posting so I tried the URL you showed, finding, as you did, it did not exist and the result was a Cisco Page.

I tried again using the plural, and the result is completely different, please try it.

Good Luck

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
German to English
+ ...
translation.com vs. translations.com Apr 24, 2002

Paola,

I first noticed \"www.translation.com\" about a year ago. I was simply curious to see whether that domain name had already been taken, and, yes, it belongs to Cisco. But there\'s nothing there that has anything to do with translations (maybe they\'re just waiting for someone to offer them a good price for the domain name).

\"www.translations.com\", however, is a translation agency.

Antonella Andreella  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:38
German to Italian
+ ...
Is it Apr 24, 2002

not possible though that even if they are not a translation agency, they are yet looking for translators....

Just an idea!

Perhaps some companies may use Proz directly, without passing through agencies...

Antonella

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

www.translation.com

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs