https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom%3A_translator_coop/2452-sharing_kudoz_points_among_multiple_answerers.html

sharing kudoZ points among multiple answerers?
Thread poster: LAC
LAC
LAC
France
Local time: 15:11
French to English
+ ...
Apr 25, 2002

Hi all,

Forgive me if this has already been discussed to death but...

I\'ve posted a few kudoZ questions in which the answers suggested didn\'t really do the trick but--and here\'s the thing--the combination of information and suggestions from more than one answerer allowed me to find what I needed. (I don\'t mean in situations where the proper translation/term was provided by more than one person.)

In these cases, I always feel some
... See more
Hi all,

Forgive me if this has already been discussed to death but...

I\'ve posted a few kudoZ questions in which the answers suggested didn\'t really do the trick but--and here\'s the thing--the combination of information and suggestions from more than one answerer allowed me to find what I needed. (I don\'t mean in situations where the proper translation/term was provided by more than one person.)

In these cases, I always feel somewhat bad about awarding kudoZ to only one person, rather than to the two or three answerers who helped me equally along the way.

Is there anyway some sort of sharing kudoZ points could be implemented? Or something similar that would allow me to \"reward\"--within the proZ/kudoZ/browniZ framework--more than one answerer? (Obviously, simply splitting the 4 kudoZ presents problems... but perhaps with browniZ?)

Am I the only one who\'s wanted to award points to more than one answer? What do you all think?

Cheers

Lara
Collapse

kbamert
kbamert  Identity Verified
French to German
+ ...
awarding various persons with kudo's Apr 25, 2002

Hello

I have been in the same situation, and I wanted to award two (or four) kudo\'s points to three different persons, each answer was different, but each answer helped me to find the solution and to decide (the third person confirmed that both answers of the two persons that answered were right).

here was
... See more
Hello

I have been in the same situation, and I wanted to award two (or four) kudo\'s points to three different persons, each answer was different, but each answer helped me to find the solution and to decide (the third person confirmed that both answers of the two persons that answered were right).

here was the question:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=h&eid_c=29397&id=163091&keyword=rayon

Best greetings

Kurt

Thanks to the first answer I found myself the answer of the second person that answered...

Collapse

tophat
tophat
Spanish to English
I agree... Apr 25, 2002

I suffer terribly too!

tophat
tophat
Spanish to English
I agree... Apr 25, 2002

I suffer terribly too!

Gisella Gagliardo
Gisella Gagliardo
Canada
Local time: 09:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 26, 2002

I agree

Lydia Molea
Lydia Molea  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
I agree, too Apr 26, 2002

Maybe ProZ can implement a \"program\": you have 4 kudoZ to award, and you decide how you want to award those, all to one person or to different people. This would be a lot fairer

Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.) (X)
Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.) (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Finnish
+ ...
Exactly! Apr 26, 2002

I agree with you, Lara.

I have been in the same situation and I feel awful to award points to one answerer only, when two answers have helped me equally!

Paulo Celestino Guimaraes
Paulo Celestino Guimaraes  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:11
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes!! Apr 26, 2002

I don\'t know whether this issue has already been discussed to death but you are absolutely right.

This happens very often and perhaps the so called ProZ staff will take into consideration an improvement of their system.

Let\'s hope.

Cheers,

Paulo

Egmont
Egmont
Spain
Afrikaans to Spanish
+ ...
I agree too! Apr 26, 2002

I have ask also about that subject but there is no answer till now.
[addsig]

Sheila Hardie
Sheila Hardie  Identity Verified
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
I absolutely agree Apr 26, 2002

In fact, it sometimes takes me a few days to award points because I just can\'t decide who to give them to! It would be great if we could share them out. Let\'s hope something can be done about this.

Sheila

LAC
LAC
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Glad to see I'm not alone on this one but ... Apr 30, 2002

... I wonder what ProZ staff think of this idea?

(And, of course, how we could get ProZ to think about implementing some sort of point sharing mechanism?)

jccantrell
jccantrell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:11
Member (2005)
German to English
check this out Apr 30, 2002

Been there, done that, see this link

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&eid_c=4018&topic=2315&forum=13&2

in the Suggestions forum

Did not seem to generate any interest though.

max (X)
max (X)
Local time: 06:11
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sum of all answers May 1, 2002

Hi, I have been in the same situation a couple of times, and I believe that the sum of all answers o at least a couple of them is what helps in clearing one\'s mind.

Cristina

bg.Linguist
bg.Linguist  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 16:11
Member (2005)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
agree May 2, 2002

I completely agree we should be able to share points between contributors. Today I received a comment that I had not awarded points to the \"best answer\". How am I to choose the best one from several correct answers??

I suggest this topic\'s moderator writes to Henry about this.

(if JERRY is reading this, for some reason /technical, i guess/ your answer wasn\'t even there when i was awarding the points for \'playing chicken\')

... See more
I completely agree we should be able to share points between contributors. Today I received a comment that I had not awarded points to the \"best answer\". How am I to choose the best one from several correct answers??

I suggest this topic\'s moderator writes to Henry about this.

(if JERRY is reading this, for some reason /technical, i guess/ your answer wasn\'t even there when i was awarding the points for \'playing chicken\')

s.
Collapse

Zenny Sadlon
Zenny Sadlon
Local time: 08:11
English to Czech
+ ...
NOW THAT WE VENTED, WHAT DOES HENRY SAY? May 2, 2002

Yes, the ability to award more than one responder would appreciably enhance the morale of all, I believe. It could speed things up as well.

Henry? Henry? Are you listening . . . Henry! Would it be so hard to implement? Henry? Help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

sharing kudoZ points among multiple answerers?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »