Thread poster: Mats Wiman

Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 15:43
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...

May 6, 2002

The moderator function is becoming increasingly important and in many language pairs there is no moderator or a very passive one.

I suggest that deputy moderators are instituted, so that more members have a person to turn to for assistance.

I\'d be prepare to take on (temporarily) swe>deu, swe>eng etc.

Mats

Direct link Reply with quote

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
I have volunteered as a moderator May 6, 2002

but received no answer

I have tried both through the \"Support request\" and by sending an e-mail, but I received no answer.

I have volunteered to be a moderator for Romanian (with English or German combinations), even several pairs, since there is not too much activity in any of the pairs at the moment, but nobody has replied to my request.

Maybe now i\'ll find out why.

I would really like to so something in return for ProZ, because ProZ has been a great thing for me and I can say it has changed my life.

Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Henry on holiday May 6, 2002

I\'ve raised this issue several times now with Henry so he knows the need. Remember Mats? I think he\'s either bogged down with more pressing affairs, still looking at the battle museum and having a blast with Angela and drinking Illuminati or this issue has been put in the back burner. I\'m certain we\'ll be enlightened soon enough.

Mike Sekine  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 23:43
English to Japanese
+ ...
I fully agree. May 6, 2002

I\'ve seen some very nasty and sometimes downright proposterous questions posted on the Kudoz forum, for J>E and E>J pairs.

What is surprising to me is that the moderators for these pairs have not seemed to gotten involved in the forum activity since the summer of 2001 (correct me if I\'m wrong).

We\'ve recently seen a question posted to have a patent document (the entire thing!) translated into English. I believe it\'s time something is done correct the situation.

Ariadna Castillo González  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 22:43
English to Catalan
+ ...
I agree May 6, 2002

I sent a message to Henry last week offering myself as a moderator for the language pair English-Catalan but I haven´t got any response so far. Still waiting

xxxivw
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I have too..... [En > < Hu & vice versa] May 6, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-05-06 09:04, eli wrote:

I have tried both through the \"Support request\" and by sending an e-mail, but I received no answer.

I have volunteered to be a moderator for Romanian (with English or German combinations), even several pairs, since there is not too much activity in any of the pairs at the moment, but nobody has replied to my request.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Institute Deputy Moderators!

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs