Sheila Hardie  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:31
Partial member
Catalan to English
+ ...
May 12, 2002

Hi!

I know this is really a technical support question - and I have already contacted them but received no reply so far - but I am really getting desperate. Since Friday morning I have been having TERRIBLE problems accessing ProZ.com. In fact, it took me about 20 minutes to get to this page. Normally, it\'s a question of seconds. I have no idea what is going on. I can\'t even grade some questions I asked on Thursday because I can\'t get to them. On the other had, I have been receiving notification of jobs and answers to questions and congratulations messages etc. The real problem is that everthing is in very slow motion! It\'s as if somone had poured glue into my computer!

BTW, I have no trouble accessing any other websites or with my e-mail or the Internet in general - ONLY with ProZ!

I asked a friend here in Barcelona (a computer expert) and he suggested emptying the caché files. I did that (I think) but to no avail. Has any ANY idea what is going on. It seems that I am the only person with these problems. Is there anything else I can try? I have a Mac PowerBook G4 with Internet Explorer 5 and OS 9.1, if that is any help.

I don\'t know if I\'ll be able to access this formum again, but if you have any ideas you could also e-mail me directly at:

sheilahardie@jazzfree.com

Many thanks in advance for any ideas!

Sheila

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Slow access from Barcelona

Advanced search

Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Websites for Translators
Build your new website, create a set of compelling graphics or find a new branding path with us.

We help both freelance translators and established translation agencies by applying online marketing strategies in the competitive world of languages. Click below to find out more!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs