Mobile menu

Universal Translations from Toronto banned from ProZ.com
Thread poster: Albert Golub
Albert Golub  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:51
English to French
May 22, 2002

I can see that Universal Translations from Toronto still proposes jobs when I have read almost one hundred messages warning translators about this agency (Bernard and Gabriel work together) so I hope my colleagues will be extra careful!!!!!!

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:51
SITE FOUNDER
deleted May 22, 2002

The posting was deleted.

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Daniel's message to me May 22, 2002

Henry:

This is to request that you put in writing your phone request.

Meanwhile scores have responded to our posting, and this is how it should and will be!

YOU ARE A STUPIDISSIMUS BECAUSE WE HAVE NEVER ABUSED ANYONE.

Should I remind you that if this systematic policy of harassment does not stop immediately :

- Legal action will be taken against proZ AND you personally (my nephew lawyer in L.A. will gladly take care of you).

- There are hundreds of ways to bypass any retarded and underdeveloped attempt to prevent us from doing business with your members who:

*need Kudo points

* need jobs you cannot provide.

Please govern yourself accordingly

Best Regards

Daniel Tolédano

UNIVERSAL TRANSLATIONS

(416) 663-3466 in Toronto

Excellence@UNIVERSALtrans.net

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
my reply May 22, 2002

Daniel,

You are no longer welcome to use ProZ.com. As outlined in the users agreement--which you \"signed\" digitally--use of the site is a privilege, not a right, which may be revoked at any time at the sole discretion of site staff. I have revoked your privilege due to your abusive, harassing and racist emails, which are not in line with the spirit of ProZ.com.

Do not use the site again.

If this is any way unclear, you or your attorney may contact me at this address for clarification.

Henry

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
from Daniel May 22, 2002

From: Universal Translations [mailto:excellence@on.aibn.com]

Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 7:36 AM

To: henry@proz.com

Subject: Re: TOLEDANO

Importance: High

Daniel,

You are no longer welcome to use ProZ.com. As outlined in the users agreement--which you \"signed\" digitally--use of the site is a privilege, not a right, which may be revoked at any time at the sole discretion of site staff. I have revoked your privilege due to your abusive, harassing and racist emails, which are not in line with the spirit of ProZ.com.

NO ABUSE, NO HARASSMENT AND NO RACISSM FROM MY PART NOR ANY MEMBER OF THE STAFF. I MORE THAN TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT.

Do not use the site again.

YOUR SITE WILL BE USED DIRECTLY ***AND*** INDIRECLY. THERE ARE - YOU KNOW THIS OF COURSE - THOUSANDS OF WAYS TO USE YOUR SITE.

If this is any way unclear, you or your attorney may contact me at this address for clarification.

I TRUST THAT YOU UNDERSTAND WHY I MUST HERE TEACH YOU THE LESSON THAT YOU DESERVE. YOU HAVE MADE YOUR IMBECILE DECISION WITHOUT EVER ASKING ME/US OUR POSITION ON ANY PROBLEM AND DISPUTE. BECAUSE YOU FAILED TO ACT IN A CIVILIZED WAY, THINGS WILL GO AS MENTIONED ABOVE.

I AM INFORMING THAT 2 JOBS WERE POSTED THIS MORNING ON PROZ THROUGH FRIENDS!!!!

BERNARD

Henry

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
from me May 22, 2002

Dear Daniel,

I gave you a chance to state your case, but no response was provided to the email I sent on 4/19 regarding my decision to expel you from ProZ.com.

Please be advised that I intend to bill you for any time we are forced to spend in blocking your access to ProZ.com.

Also, please be aware that I may post any email you send me in the ProZ.com public forums.

Henry

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Universal Translations from Toronto banned from ProZ.com

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TMreserve
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search