Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Three new profile features released
Thread poster: Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
Local time: 02:32
SITE STAFF
Apr 21, 2005

Three features have been added to profiles: a new specialties form, a personal tab and a visitors log. Details:

New interface for entering profile specialties.

The form just released is more user friendly than the old one. A counter, javascript highlighting and other features make it easier to enter your specialty, working and interest fields. Given the increased importance of specialty fields in the new directory, and now in KudoZ, it is important to enter your
... See more
Three features have been added to profiles: a new specialties form, a personal tab and a visitors log. Details:

New interface for entering profile specialties.

The form just released is more user friendly than the old one. A counter, javascript highlighting and other features make it easier to enter your specialty, working and interest fields. Given the increased importance of specialty fields in the new directory, and now in KudoZ, it is important to enter your detailed fields of expertise now, if you have not done so already. Failure to do so will significantly reduce your chances of meeting new clients.

URL: http://www.proz.com/?sp=settings_disciplines
FAQs: http://www.proz.com/faq/profile

“Personal” tab

This is a space for creating a personal web page by entering free-form HTML. Use your personal page to showcase your hobbies, artwork, etc.--any information you'ld like to use to tell other members who you are.

Note: The Personal tab links to an HTML tutorial link provided by Gianfranco Manca that tells you how to work with HTML and show images on ProZ.com pages.

We'll have a contest next month for best personal page.

URL: http://proz.com/pro/?show_mode=personal
FAQ link: http://www.proz.com/faq/profile

”Visitors” tab (Platinum only)

This tab is visible to platinum members when viewing their own profiles. The Visitors tab works like a hit counter, but does more. You can see how many people have visited your profile in the past 30 days, and you can also see which pages they came from, what type of member (or visitor) they are, which of your profile tabs they viewed, etc. Visitor IP address is also shown, so if you are interested, you can find out where, geographically, your visitors are located. This tool is intended to assist you in tracking and fine-tuning the marketing you do via your profile.

Note that privacy is protected in this new function. For example, the Visitors tab will not show the name of the member visiting your profile. (It also will not log your own visits.)

URL: http://www.proz.com/pro/?show_mode=visitors
FAQs: http://www.proz.com/faq/profile

If you have any suggestions or feedback related to the above, please let us know!

Just to let you know, I've been working for ProZ.com for the last few months, basically helping out with support and back office stuff. It's nice to meet all of you:)

Best Regards,
Patrick
ProZ.com Staff

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-04-21 21:47]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-06-23 18:42]
Collapse

Natalia Elo
Natalia Elo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:32
English to Russian
+ ...
THANK YOU GUYS! Apr 21, 2005

”Visitors” tab (Platinum only)

This tab is visible to platinum members when viewing their own profiles. The Visitors tab works like a hit counter, but does more. You can see how many people have visited your profile in the past 30 days, and you can also see which pages they came from, what type of member (or visitor) they are, which of your profile tabs they viewed, etc. Visitor IP address is also shown, so if you are interested, you can find out where, geographically, your visitors are located. This tool is intended to assist you in tracking and fine-tuning the marketing you do via your profile.

Note that privacy is protected in this new function. For example, the Visitors tab will not show the name of the member visiting your profile. (It also will not log your own visits.)

Best Regards,
Patrick
ProZ.com Staff

This is just great! Thank you!

Ltemes
Ltemes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
THANK YOU Apr 21, 2005

Big thanks to you, Patrick, and the rest of the ProZ staff. I'm as happy as can be. I've spent the past 1/2 hour learning about the new Visitors tab on our Profiles. I had NO idea anyone other than ProZ colleagues looked at my page... What does "Direct Link" mean? I noticed sometimes the people are coming from ProZ but other times they're coming from "Direct Link". I guess that means, just about anywhere? I'm not in a rush to know. For now I'm happily investigating all the other new features.... See more
Big thanks to you, Patrick, and the rest of the ProZ staff. I'm as happy as can be. I've spent the past 1/2 hour learning about the new Visitors tab on our Profiles. I had NO idea anyone other than ProZ colleagues looked at my page... What does "Direct Link" mean? I noticed sometimes the people are coming from ProZ but other times they're coming from "Direct Link". I guess that means, just about anywhere? I'm not in a rush to know. For now I'm happily investigating all the other new features.

Thanks!!
Collapse

Jesús Marín Mateos
Jesús Marín Mateos  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great!!!! Apr 22, 2005

Thanks!!! I think the Visitors Tab is great and it makes platinium membership even more worth it....for those who hesitate.
Thanks.

Larissa Dinsley
Larissa Dinsley  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2003)
English to Russian
+ ...
Thank you! Apr 22, 2005

How fascinating!

I have had a counter on my page for some time and always wondered who the visitors coming to my page are. Now I have an idea of what they are. What is also great, is that I can see from which part of ProZ.com they link to my page - now I know where I need to work more.

Personal feature is also intersting. I remember that somebody in the Russian forum suggested a topic about telling more personal things about themselves. However, as far as I can remember
... See more
How fascinating!

I have had a counter on my page for some time and always wondered who the visitors coming to my page are. Now I have an idea of what they are. What is also great, is that I can see from which part of ProZ.com they link to my page - now I know where I need to work more.

Personal feature is also intersting. I remember that somebody in the Russian forum suggested a topic about telling more personal things about themselves. However, as far as I can remember not a lot of people have jumped up to it!

What a beautiful addition to the latest fantastic changes with the KudoZ and freelancers search - Thank you!
Collapse

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
visitors tab is great, but... Apr 22, 2005

can you please explain it?
I have seen the following categories of visitors:
- freelancer
- outsourcer

I assume freelancer and outsourcer are ProZ members listed as freelancers or agencies, but then I am not sure what is member and guest (I assume guest is the category of people who are not PrZ members)

And then again the colours: are blue entries Platinum members?

Please tell me if I am right, and if yes, what
... See more
can you please explain it?
I have seen the following categories of visitors:
- freelancer
- outsourcer

I assume freelancer and outsourcer are ProZ members listed as freelancers or agencies, but then I am not sure what is member and guest (I assume guest is the category of people who are not PrZ members)

And then again the colours: are blue entries Platinum members?

Please tell me if I am right, and if yes, what does member mean?
Collapse

Konstantin Kisin
Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
Will "Visitors" from the Directory be identified as such? Apr 22, 2005

Will we see if people came to our profile via the new directory?

[Edited at 2005-04-22 18:32]

Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Answers Apr 22, 2005

Hello everyone!

I'm glad you like the new functions.

Here are some answers to your questions:

"Direct Link" will display for any viewer before this past Wednesday because the program cannot recognize the "Came From" logged data before that date. In the future, the "Direct Link" will show up vary rarely. One example where you would see a "Direct Link" is when someone clicks on your URL from an email or something where the program can't read the previous pag
... See more
Hello everyone!

I'm glad you like the new functions.

Here are some answers to your questions:

"Direct Link" will display for any viewer before this past Wednesday because the program cannot recognize the "Came From" logged data before that date. In the future, the "Direct Link" will show up vary rarely. One example where you would see a "Direct Link" is when someone clicks on your URL from an email or something where the program can't read the previous page. (Ltemes we are creating a glossary for the page as I write this:)

Viewer Types:

Freelancer
Outsourcer
Freelancer/Outsourcer

The above are self explanatory, but if they are in Blue, yes they are Platinum members. (You were on the right track Elvira:) The checkmark signifies the user is ID verified.

Member is someone who has chosen "neither" on their profile type.

Guest is a user who is not logged in, which is why they are all grouped together and represent a large number because the system can't recognize their member type.

The "Came From" column will definitely show when someone located you from the new search directory. (Konstantine I logged in and did a search from the new directory and found you, and if you look at your Visitors Tab, it should indicate a freelancer from the Directory.)

Presently, we are in the process of revising the Viewers Page based on your suggestions, questions, and comments.

Thanks for using the site!

Best Regards,
Patrick
ProZ.com Staff
Collapse

Natalia Elo
Germany
English to Russian
+ ...
About the Guests at my profile Apr 22, 2005

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for your answers.

This is off topic but this is not too funny becuase it actually makes me feel uncomfortable.

patdott wrote:
Guest is a user who is not logged in, which is why they are all grouped together and represent a large number because the system can't recognize their member type.

Does it mean that all guests are grouped together under one ip-address? Because I have there one misterious guest who has visited my profile 51 times for last 30 days, this morning and this evening the latest. And this is NOT my boyfriend, I asked him (the boyfriend).

Natalia

Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Highly unlikely one visitor Apr 22, 2005

Dear Natalia,

Does it mean that all guests are grouped together under one ip-address? Because I have there one misterious guest who has visited my profile 51 times for last 30 days, this morning and this evening the latest. And this is NOT my boyfriend, I asked him (the boyfriend).

As of right now, all guests are grouped under the same IP address, but the revision that we are working on right now will identify "guests" individually. (We are changing the "guest" to the title "undefined" too.) So, it's highly unlikely that this is just one visitor.

This is an area we didn't notice until after we released the program, however, as I stated before, we are making revisions right now to fix that problem.

Best Regards,
Patrick
ProZ.com Staff

Natalia Elo
Germany
English to Russian
+ ...
What a relief :) Apr 22, 2005

Wuf, good, for I felt already slightly paranoic

Best regards
Natalia

[Edited at 2005-04-22 21:07]

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 09:32
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
A strange thing... Apr 23, 2005

I think I understand the explanations on kudoZ members/freelancers etc. as visitors.

There is only one thing I cannot grasp. The `check mark' sign after a member's name usualy means that this member's identity is verified. In my visitor list I see members both with and without the check mark. But how an *uregistered* visitor may have his or her identity verified? Anyway I see some entries with "Unregistered", than the check mark.

What does it mean?

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Georgian to English
+ ...
Hello Kirill - I wonder if it's a bug (on my list Apr 24, 2005

Kirill Semenov wrote:

I think I understand the explanations on kudoZ members/freelancers etc. as visitors.

There is only one thing I cannot grasp. The `check mark' sign after a member's name usualy means that this member's identity is verified. In my visitor list I see members both with and without the check mark. But how an *uregistered* visitor may have his or her identity verified? Anyway I see some entries with "Unregistered", than the check mark.

What does it mean?

all the visitors were marked on my list as freelance/outsourcer/both, and now the same visitors are shown as 'unregistered' (VIDed and not VIDed!))

[Edited at 2005-04-25 15:47]

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
The “Personal” tab Apr 25, 2005

is working fine!

Thk U

Unfortunately, the other features must wait a little bit.

Rgds

Toledo

Jacques DP
Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to French
Visitors tab visible in visitor's view Apr 25, 2005

Hello,

Though you state that "[the visitors] tab is visible only to platinum members viewing their own profiles", it shows when I select the "visitor's view" of my profile. This should probably be corrected, as it gives the impression that visitors can view the visitor's tab, which is apparently not the case.

(Or did I miss something?)

Thanks

Jacques

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Three new profile features released

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »